Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2017, 05:53 AM   #1

Pricing RV for Sale ???

Good morning,
I have been up and down the internet and prices for similar unit in different states are all over the board not sure if is location or season.
Can anyone suggest the best way to price an rv for sale ? I own a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS Triple slide out fiberglass side walls with a customer value package, elite package and a thermal package and an extended warranty till 4-24-2023 in pristine condition. RV is located in a 55+ park in Seminole Florida.
A little back story, Purchased in NJ and took it down to Seminole FL and placed it in the park back in November 2016. Stayed in it for six winter months and covered it for the summer months and went back to NJ. Returned back to FL the beginning of the month and are currently using it. Wife and I decided to purchase a place here in SW FL and sell the RV.
Any suggestions would be appreciated (RV is owned not financed). Attached a few photos for reference.
Thanks in advance,
John
Attached Thumbnails
100_5487.jpg   100_5552.jpg   100_5569.jpg  
Whistler61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:55 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler61 View Post
Good morning,
I have been up and down the internet and prices for similar unit in different states are all over the board not sure if is location or season.
Can anyone suggest the best way to price an rv for sale ? I own a 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS Triple slide out fiberglass side walls with a customer value package, elite package and a thermal package and an extended warranty till 4-24-2023 in pristine condition. RV is located in a 55+ park in Seminole Florida.
A little back story, Purchased in NJ and took it down to Seminole FL and placed it in the park back in November 2016. Stayed in it for six winter months and covered it for the summer months and went back to NJ. Returned back to FL the beginning of the month and are currently using it. Wife and I decided to purchase a place here in SW FL and sell the RV.
Any suggestions would be appreciated (RV is owned not financed). Attached a few photos for reference.
Thanks in advance,
John
I recently placed my 2015 Jayco 26bh for sale, as my kids are in college or working during the summer and we don't get out with it. I checked around to see both prices in my area and the condition of the units being sold in my area. I would also consider how motivated you are to sell it. I find plenty of folks want to offer far less, but am not in any hurry (priced mine at $12,500 with cover, outside fridge, and three batteries). It hasn't been used this year, never cooked inside, bathroom has never been used, etc., and I am in no hurry to sell it, although I hate seeing it kept without getting used. I would not look at dealership prices, as they are usually priced higher than private sales.

Jayco 26bh travel trailer
lightcs1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #3

RV Prices, Values & Reviews - NADAguides

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #4

You can also check Craigs list and then NADA, that will give you a great "private sale " range and wholesale / retail pricing. Remember you can always go down but never up. Also add to your $ figure " BRO" my .02$ Larry
Old 10-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #5

How I priced mine.... I had a '12 Surveyor Select SV-264 that I had owned (not financed) for 4 years. It had been kept in covered storage for most of the time I owned it. It had most options offered at the time and I had added a 19" television in the bedroom. I am an old aircraft mechanic, and I had kept it clean and very well maintained. When we decided to upgrade, I got trade in values from 3 different dealers... none of which wanted to look at it at all. They offered $8,000-, $7,900, and $8,100-. I advertised it at $16,000- on RV Trader and sold it in a week for $15,000-. DW thought that advertised price was a bit high, but you can cheat yourself if you're not careful.

When selling outright to an individual, it's got to be clean, and must present itself as being in excellent condition. If you advertise it as such and it's not... you'll turn off your limited possibilities and the calls will stop, and you'll still own it...

Enjoy!
Old 10-18-2017, 11:49 AM   #6

The warranty is not transferable.

EDIT: Didn't read your initial post carefully enough. The Jayco warranty is not transferable but I'm sure your extended warranty is.
Mbranscum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:07 AM   #7

Yes, you are correct the five year extended warranty is transferrable at no charge
Whistler61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 PM   #8

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RvPricing/