Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #21

If you have two 30#, or even two 20#, and given the availability of propane everywhere, I can't understand the need to carry yet another tank. If it's only to run a grill or a camp stove it's easy enough to fit it with a quick connect and run off the trailers regulated LP supply.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
scooterdiva - I get by with just two tanks pretty easy. When ONE is used up I switch to the full one and then go get the empty one re-filled. I always use the same tank all the the time until it goes empty.

I will mark the one I am using with one of these snap on hooks to hang on the gas line of the tank I am using. Works out great great for me... Anything would work marking the gas line just find something that is easy to attach. Then when you get old like most of us on you will have to figure out is that hook for the full one or the empty one hehe....
Attachment 7098 Attachment 7099

The photo of the dual tanks also just reminded me of how I lock up my tanks. I will run a long shank pad lock down thru a hole I drilled thru the twist handle and the frame just below it. This just makes it harder for someone to get your tanks.

I don't know if I like the idea of carrying a larger propane tank around just for a spare or not. Sounds dangerous to me. However i always have a big supply of the 1LB canisters along in a action-packer container in the back of the truck all the time. Probably just as dangerous haha... AT least I keep them out of the direct sunlight...
Attachment 7100

Roy Ken
I have two tanks with the auto-change over, but I still just open one tank at a time. That way it doesn't drain both tanks and leave me with a surprise of no gas. When one tank runs dry, I switch it over and go fill the other tank. It's no hassle to purge the line and keep on camping.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBraddy View Post
scooterdiva - I get by with just two tanks pretty easy. When ONE is used up I switch to the full one and then go get the empty one re-filled. I always use the same tank all the the time until it goes empty.

I will mark the one I am using with one of these snap on hooks to hang on the gas line of the tank I am using. Works out great great for me... Anything would work marking the gas line just find something that is easy to attach. Then when you get old like most of us on you will have to figure out is that hook for the full one or the empty one hehe....
Attachment 7098 Attachment 7099

The photo of the dual tanks also just reminded me of how I lock up my tanks. I will run a long shank pad lock down thru a hole I drilled thru the twist handle and the frame just below it. This just makes it harder for someone to get your tanks.

I don't know if I like the idea of carrying a larger propane tank around just for a spare or not. Sounds dangerous to me. However i always have a big supply of the 1LB canisters along in a action-packer container in the back of the truck all the time. Probably just as dangerous haha... AT least I keep them out of the direct sunlight...
Attachment 7100

Roy Ken
This is what i really want to do. Most bigger TT's have space for 2 tank, but the little guys like mine only one. I was hoping I could modify it to get 2 without too much trouble or welding. I do have a supply of 1 pounders for the grill too.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #24

I get mine refilled at my local Ace Hardware. They have a filling station.

2011 Jayflight X213
2011 GMC Sierra Crew Cab
fochman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #25

Costco is also a good place to get refills. Cheaper than the other locals! Not all Costco have propane but some do now..