Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
I've heard of doing this, but was told those bottles are not made to be refilled and it could be very dangerous. I know nothing more about that and I'm not willing to try it. Not worth it to me.

We have a weber Q220. Will be removing the regulator already have the hose to quick connect just need to modify the end to grill.
There are people who do that and as dangerous as it is, someone will always pop up and say they have been doing it for years and no problems. My hat goes off to them. The green canisters are notorious for leaking and in an enclosed space, that's a recipe for disaster. I guess there's just no substitute for a little dumb luck.

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #12

The Weber grills are notoriously easy to retrofit for the low pressure connection. You retain the knob control and replace the regulator with a quick connect.
Fere's a link to an article that I wrote on this for the Keystone Forum. I go into great depth on stove conversions and parts compatibility and there are several photos. The article and photos, BTW, is based around a Weber grill conversion.

I had forgotten. It's also a sticky here. Must have gone brain dead.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/showthrea...ves-amp-Grills

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 04-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
I've heard of doing this, but was told those bottles are not made to be refilled and it could be very dangerous. I know nothing more about that and I'm not willing to try it. Not worth it to me.

We have a weber Q220. Will be removing the regulator already have the hose to quick connect just need to modify the end to grill.

Never had an issue. We dont use a hose just the adapter that CW sells that made for re-filling the little tanks. Guess Im the guy..
exjay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:28 AM   #14

We bought the Weber 200 and removed the factory regulator and installed a flex hose to connect to our TT's low pressure gas line. Works great, is big enough to cook on, heats up fine and is built to last.
2010 Jayco Jay Flight G-2 32 BHDS
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #15

I plan to buy the camp chef outdoor stove and utilize the LP connection on my trailer.

For grilling, we either cook on the open fire, or we use our small charcoal grill

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #16

Thanks for all the great info.

Does anyone know if the "Camco" LP connectors - specifically the Quick Connect conversion kits will work with the Weber 1520 "Go Anywhere" grill?

I hope to remove the Weber regulator / valve assembly and replace with this unit to connect to the TT's low pressure supply.

Thanks.
Chase455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #17

We use the Coleman Road Trip BLUE ONE... It has all the grille room we need and works just fine for us. This grille has several different grilles that you can use for any kind of cooking desired. It also has the nice roll around carry case and fits great in the back of the truck for transport. Everything needed is contained in the zip up wheeled carry case. The water based drip tray is great as well and makes for almost instant cleanup. Still in great shape after more than five years of good use. The other reason I like this one is the 1lb canisters. I need these canisters for my back up heat source and having the Road Trip uses the same one so I always have a good supply with me.

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase455 View Post
Thanks for all the great info.

Does anyone know if the "Camco" LP connectors - specifically the Quick Connect conversion kits will work with the Weber 1520 "Go Anywhere" grill?

I hope to remove the Weber regulator / valve assembly and replace with this unit to connect to the TT's low pressure supply.

Thanks.
You said Valve assembly, and I'm not sure what that consists of. You don't need to remove the valve from the Weber,only the regulator. Everything else stays intact. It cheaper to simply replace the regulator with a male QC fitting. They are around $6 and any RV place should have them. Take your hose in with you and plug the male fitting into the female fitting and blow through it to make sure it's going to permit gas flow. You should be able to blow through it since the other end of the hose will or should have a male fitting to mate with the trailer coupling. All fittings are not compatible.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Old 04-16-2013, 12:28 PM   #19

I tried last year to fill the little bottles up. Was working great until 3 or 4 in I unscrewed one after filling and the valve was stuck open on the small bottle. Luckily I have a huge front yard so I tossed it like a grenade to empty from a distance. Needless to say I no longer try to refill them..
33 RLDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #20

If there were a significant savings to be had by refilling the green canisters, that would be a different matter entirely.. No, I take that back.. It's a dangerous practice and even if you paid less for propane that is going into the canisters, which you aren't, the risk to yourself and others around you would still be the same.. There are places to try to go cheap. Safety is not one of them..

---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel