Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2021, 03:59 PM   #1

Propane Regulator & Pigtail Replaced 2021 183RB SLX

NOTE: This is not the Winntec Model 6020 currently under recall.

Just a heads up to all that the Chen Fung Model 6080 regulator and top, single hose (pigtail) had to be replaced last week. Original symptom was that the stove wasn't getting fuel. Tank was virtually full. Tried both the propane furnace and water heater set to propane and no-go on them as well. The dealership informed me that both the regulator and hose were bad and there is NO recall on them but it was repaired under warranty. Pics are attached for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
2021-0927_Propane Regulator3.jpg   2021-0927_Propane Regulator-sm.jpg  
JaycoJeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 06:24 PM   #2

I have been using that regulator since picking up our new 5er. I had never used the recalled wintec 6020 which was recently replaced under warranty. Our 5er has 3 lp tanks and I have always used the single side which has the cheng fung 6080.

Any idea of why it and the hose failed... other than questionable Chinese quality?
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 07:42 PM   #3

Yes ARoamer, probably Chinese "lack of" quality combined with COVID... it's a 2021. Specifically, the thingy under that large blue connector that is supposed to depress something where it threads into the tank wasn't working. The guy could insert his drill bit at the opening of the tank, depress it, and hear gas but the connection wasn't seating. He also told me the hose was too loose where it joined at the metal piece directly behind the blue knob and that it is rare that a hose/pigtail would be defective. I wasn't given any detail on the regulator itself, just that he concluded it was bad and gave me a new one along with the hose.

BTW, there was a typo... upon closer inspection of my pic, it's Chen F"o"ng (not Fung) - sorry.
JaycoJeri is offline   Reply With Quote