Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #1

Pros and Cons 2021 267BHS

Hello all, my wife and I put a deposit on our first new camper today. We've been camping a few times over the last year or two with an enclosed trailer that we modified. Now that we are buying a camper we are looking to see if there are any known issues and/or problems with this brand/model. I imagine that 2019-2020 models could be the same perhaps. I ask this because I've seen other models/brands have known things to look for prior to going out the first time. Thanks in advance.
jessken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:32 AM   #2

The top brands like Jayco, Forest River, Thor, etc. will all have about the same issues, at this point.

RVs are cheaply made, for the most part. Everything is lighter and thinner than the materials you'd use in a house. As such, things wear out faster, fail under stress easier, and are more prone to manufacturing nuances (stripped screws, trim that doesn't adhere quite right, misaligned drawers and cabinets, and so on).

A few years ago, Jayco famously (infamously?) posted a video about How to Build a Jayco Trailer in 7 Hours. Ugh ... is that really a good thing? But, it shows how these things go. It's a veritable race when manufacturing these trailers, which is never a great thing in terms of quality. Again, all the brands are about the same here.

While there are occasionally some systemic problems a line will have (e.g., Coleman pop-up trailers and the horrible ABS roof system of the early 2000s), those are rare exceptions. Typically, it's just one-offs. Some trailers will fail; some trailers are lemons. Same as automobiles.

Also, no matter how good the brand, they all tend to use the same appliances anyway. Jayco, Rockwood, Coachmen, Eagle, Grand Designs, etc. -- no matter what you buy, you'll either have an Atwood or Suburban water heater. Same for the furnace, A/C, stove, oven, microwave, TV, and so on.

I bought a new Rockwood 3 years ago. Flawless. But, there were many people who bought the same or similar model as mine that had warranty issues, failed slides, and so on.

Best you can do is look for any systematic issues a line has (weak floors, e.g.) and then test the heck out of the trailer during your walk through/inspection.

On a side note, check your tow vehicle's door jamb sticker. It will have language that says something like "Occupants and cargo should not exceed XXXX lbs." You will want this XXXX number to be north of 1,600 lbs.
Fomer RV: 2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S
67L48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:47 PM   #3

We bought a 2020 267bhs in October 2019. The only two issues I’ve had with it are: the blinds behind the couch fell off (luckily I had a power drill with me to drill the screws into new holes) and the dinette table mounts underneath the table were incorrectly spaced apart. When we bought it, the dinette table was stowed flat and I never bothered to set it up. During our first trip, when I went to set it up, I couldn’t get both posts to line up with the mounts. I had to take one of the mounts off the under side of the table and move it to match the spacing of the floor mounts. It was off by almost 3 inches.

During one our trips last summer, there was a family that had just picked up a new 267bhs and couldn’t figure out how to turn on the water. The guy stopped by my site asking for tips since we had the same trailer. I went over and discovered one of the wire terminals on his water pump had come off/wasn’t connected. He was able to reconnect it.
the_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:25 PM   #4

My son just bought this model, I’ve looked through it with him and so far all is good, it’s a great floor plan for him and his family, a beautiful trailer that still looks rugged enough for the kind of camping we like! We’ve booked a forest service campground just outside of West Yellowstone in May and we anticipate seeing at least one snowstorm during our stay, he has the glacier package, as do I. During his maiden voyage a few weeks ago we received 3 inches of snow, they stayed toasty the whole time.

2011 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 297 BHS
Flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote