Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #21

We had similar issues, along with overheating, with our lights on our 2017 Whitehawk 25BHS . They were all replaced under a product safety recall notice (fire hazard due to overheating) a year ago and we haven’t had an issue since. You may want to verify if there is a safety recall on your unit.
Rick Cote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 04:22 PM   #22

Same issue

We have an 18 jay flight. Same issue. Dealer replaced two already. Bad design.
brburcham06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickS65 View Post
For your puck light that can’t be turned off, try removing the diffuser and seeing if you can turn the light off by pressing the inner button. If that works, put the diffuser back on, being careful to align it to avoid binding the diffuser button. We had a similar problem with our puck lights.
This is the what I came here to suggest. Had the same problem. I found that probably four or five of my lights didn’t have these covers snapped on all the way. They still get hotter than it seems they should.
CowboyCoffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty1946 View Post
We are having problems in our 2018 Jayco Jay Flight that is equipped with 18 puck lights (the ones with the little round button in the middle that hurts your fingers when turning on/off). We have 3 that are difficult to turn off and one that won't turn off at all. Had read earlier posts where other Jayco owners had similar problems with these puck lights. After taking one down to see how they are wired I discovered that the wiring is soldered in and would make replacing one difficult. Does anyone have similar problems with the puck lights and how you could get Jayco to replace them?
Of, course, you know that there are a few in the living/dining area that are also on a walllswitch?
tomanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomanderson View Post
Of, course, you know that there are a few in the living/dining area that are also on a walllswitch?
In mine all the lights in the main living/dining area are on one switch in the main panel. The 2 in the bath are on a switch on the wall. The odd thing is the bedroom. The lights on the ceiling don't have a switch at all. You must press the button on the light. It's not a problem for me but my wife is short and it's all she can do to reach them. It seems like it wouldn't be a big deal for them to install a switch.

Jayflight 34RSBS
Bayoutalker is offline   Reply With Quote