Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-08-2014, 06:34 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Where all the bills are
Posts: 22
Purchase Advise Eagle 328RLTS

New guy here. Looking at an exactly 2 year lightly used 328RLTS. Shows well, no obvious signs of excessive wear and tear. Owners moved into a class A. This is our first purchase, but we are fairly up to date with all brands, etc. With that said, one of my points of confusion is obviously pricing. What is an average way to put a value to used RV's? We decided to look a lightly used just for the reason of the huge depreciation in the first few years. This is a 2012 model.

Great site and has been my go to many times. The members here are very experienced and I have learned a lot. Thanks for a great forum.

__________________

Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: "Where we Park It"
Posts: 1,070
A good starting point is the consumer version of the NADA price guide for RVs.

http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs
__________________

__________________
Robert & Bale the "Traveling Dog"
SOB
2012 GMC 3500HD DRW
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Haven, NY
Posts: 805
I would start by pricing up a new unit through RV Direct and use that as a starting point. The new one will be about 30% below MSRP so depending what the owner paid for their unit and want to sell it for, a new one my be a better buy.
__________________


2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 01:15 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Where all the bills are
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftedAWDAstro View Post
I would start by pricing up a new unit through RV Direct and use that as a starting point. The new one will be about 30% below MSRP so depending what the owner paid for their unit and want to sell it for, a new one my be a better buy.
Hmm, yea we took a look at RV direct. Are their prices legit? Some seem "too good to be true". We actually found another brand that was 37% off retail. the pricing was so low, it worried me.
Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Haven, NY
Posts: 805
While I haven't bought from them, friends of ours have bought outright from our local dealer at just about the same price as RV Direct. We could have done the same with our 26BH but we traded in a 5 year old 232 EXP so we were working off a little higher price.
__________________


2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
cekkk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Murrieta
Posts: 2,421
We got a price from RV Direct for a custom ordered unit and it was much lower than two or three other offers we'd received. But we found a bricks and mortar dealer than met the price plus a few bucks. So from that one experience I'd trust their offers.
__________________
'11 Eagle 320RLDS
'02 F350 PSD Dually 4WD
DW's Ride, '13 Expedition
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:54 AM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Where all the bills are
Posts: 22
RV Direct has great prices on new units and some used ones too. We went ahead and took the 2012. I took MSRP from when it was new, less 30%, then depreciated it again at 25% to give me a total of 55% from new to now. I made the offer based on that and got it. I think we did good and won't get hurt too bad if we decide to trade for new in a year or two.

Thanks all for the insight.
Bigiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 07:47 AM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 54
Sounds like you did great! Good for you!
__________________

lovinglife is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.