Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2011, 01:37 PM   #1

Smile purchasing a 2011 23 fb better aerodynamics

:hihi: we are moving up from a 2008 20bh g2 to a 2011 23fb g2. our dealer is saying with the new front end on the trailers people are picking up about 1 mpg.has anyone heard or experienced this? also any ideas on the electric stabilizing jacks available now? are they worth the money? i tow our 20 bh with a 2001 dodge ram 1500 with a 318 and 5 speed,3.55 rear and average right at 10mpg. will be ordering the new one this weekend.

max

max2bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum Max2Bob! That's a cute tt. If we didn't take our grandkids camping occasionally, we might've considered that floorplan. We get 9mpg towing our 29'. That's great that Jayco is designing for aerodynamics also now. Someone else was enquiring about the new electric stablizers for the tt's, but I don't think any experiences with them have been posted as of yet

-2016 Ford F-250 XLT 4x2, 6.2L EFI V8, 4.30 Elec Lock, Heavy duty Alt
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #3

Smile

thank you. this will be my 3rd jayco. first one i will order though. this is built in idaho which is right next door to me. jayco has added more options for this year including the bigger fridge and the aluminum rims i believe. the extra insulation of the foil pack will be nice also. just not decided on the stabilizer jacks yet.

max
Old 02-15-2011, 02:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2bob View Post
thank you. this will be my 3rd jayco. first one i will order though. this is built in idaho which is right next door to me. jayco has added more options for this year including the bigger fridge and the aluminum rims i believe. the extra insulation of the foil pack will be nice also. just not decided on the stabilizer jacks yet.

max
Since I ordered my 31RKS with electric stabilizers, (it's not here yet), there have been two owners of them post about them in other threads. They seem to like them.

Tom
altar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:25 PM   #5
Site Team

Try looking at this thread.... hope it helps -->click<---
Old 02-16-2011, 04:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by max2bob View Post

max
The stabilizers need to operate independently and not all off of one switch. Unless you park the trailer on level surface. the jacks won't all hit the ground at the same time and you'll have to figure out what thickness of pads to use under them. Soulds like a real PITA. The manual ones work fine for me and DW and she'e the one who usually sets them.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Landry View Post
The stabilizers need to operate independently and not all off of one switch. Unless you park the trailer on level surface. the jacks won't all hit the ground at the same time and you'll have to figure out what thickness of pads to use under them. Soulds like a real PITA. The manual ones work fine for me and DW and she'e the one who usually sets them.
According to those that own them them, that isn't so. Even though there is one button for the front and one for the rear, they equalize side to side when they lower, they say. Although my Jayco was ordered with them, it isn't here yet, so I can't tell you first hand. i should be able to in a few weeks though!

Tom
altar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 AM   #8

thank you for everyones input so far, i appreciate it. i will let everyone know what i decide when i order the trailer on saturday.

max
Old 02-17-2011, 03:38 PM   #9
Site Team

Thanks Max. Please let us know how the electric stab's work with the smaller tt's.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #10

Welcome to the forum. If you are trading just to get one more mile per gallon it will take a lot of traveling to break even.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote