Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2014, 09:07 PM   #1

Question putting back an exit window screen

We just got a 2000 Jayco 2Eagle 66FBS. While cleaning the windows the screen to the exit window popped off. We cannot seem to figure out how to get it back in. We have tried starting at the top, the bottom, etc. Any suggestions for a newbie?

marrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 10:07 PM   #2

I took my screens off to clean the windows. Had trouble getting them back on again too. Would get one side on then the other side would pop off. I cannot give you any suggestions but to keep trying. I just tried to put one side on and held it really tight and then pounded the other side in. They finally went back on. Good luck!!!

2002 Jayco Eagle SE 304bh
crocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:31 PM   #3

Welcome to the Jayco Owners Forum. I have never had a screen that was easy either. As mentioned, keep trying.

I was born with nothing and I still have most of it left.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:09 AM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to JOF!

I haven't removed mine for awhile, but as I recall it reinstalled by inserting it into the top track first. Like the other previous posters, I had to "play" with it for a while before I discovered the secret of getting it to seat.

The 266 FBS is a great TT, especially for couples. This is the 15th camping season in ours and it has served us well.

TV: 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD | Crew Cab | Std. Box | 4WD | Duramax/Allison
RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
FPM III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

thanks

thanks for the notes of encouragement that it can be done. FPM lll you said you found the secret. What is it? Please share lol
tried yesterday for quite awhile. .no luck.. maybe today will get Lucky.
marrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:28 PM   #6

If your screens are like mine, you will notice 8 spring clips on the screen face that goes towards the outside of the trailer. There are two clips on each horizontal and vertical sides. Locate the clips from one horizontal and one vertical side against the opening for the screen. Then snap the opposite sides into the opening by applying some pressure. The screen will pop back into place. Worked well for me. However, must be honest it took a few tries.
rog4kneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:02 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by marrick View Post
thanks for the notes of encouragement that it can be done. FPM lll you said you found the secret. What is it? Please share lol
tried yesterday for quite awhile. .no luck.. maybe today will get Lucky.
It's been so long since I last removed/replaced the screen that I don't remember the "secret". The TT's not handy to test but will be visiting it in a few days. I'll remove/replace it and report back.

RV: 2000 Jayco Eagle 266 | FBS | TT -- 1986 Coleman Laramie pop-up -- Still in the family!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:26 AM   #8
Site Team

O...K.....

I was camping on an extended weekend and removed/replaced the screen. Here's how I replaced mine.

Release the bottom of your window blinds from the plastic holders on each end. Hint: push the bottom of the blind toward the clip on the opposite end while you pull the clip on your end away. This puts tension on both clips and reduces the possibility of breaking the fragile plastic holding clips. Then raise the blind fully and lock it into place.

There are six clips on the screen, two on the top & bottom and one on each side. I started at the bottom and set the screen in the window with the clips fully seated in the position they would be in when the window is completely installed. Then, holding the screen on each side, I aligned and and pushed in the side clips while pushing the frame of the screen against the window frame. The screen should now be held tightly against the bottom and sides. Then push in on the top edge of the screen frame while pushing in with a finger on the two top clips and the top of the screen should snap into place.

That's what worked for me!