Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-05-2014, 08:30 PM   #1

Puzzuled

We live in a Jayco Bungalow. Everytime we leave the house we turn off the water outside. When we come home naturally we turn the water back on. Well the faucet in the shower took a dump and went down and bought a replacement from the Jayco dealer. I replaced the faucet and when I did that the wife was outside opening the water spigot and I was in the bedroom looking for leaks. [you have to take off a small piece of wallboard to change the bathroom faucet] Wife turned the water on and I had a very small leak so I tightened it up and then looked out in the kitchen and living room and there was a lot of water. I knew it wasn"t the small leak. After turning the water off did some troubleshooting and found out the the toilet was filling up with out pressing down on the flush. Cleaned up the mess and this morning took it apart again cause water was leaking under the faucet into the space under the shower. Well resealed the faucet and wife was again outside and she turned the water back on and the toilet started filling up again. Nobody was anywhere around the toilet. Can't understand why when we leave the house and turn the water off, when we turn it back on the toilet does not fill up. but when the water was turned off replacing the faucet, and turned the water back on the toilet stated filling back up. I am confuzed.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #2

Ernie, is it a household toilet with a tank ?
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #3

Nope, just like the ones we have in the travel trailer.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #4

Probably the valve is going bad on the toilet. If it is a Thetford it is around $30
Old 02-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #5

I seem to remember, there was a recall notice for the Thedford toilet valves around the year 2011, which seems to be the year in your signature.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #6

If you want to experiment, do the routine again, then go and put your toe under the foot lever and raise up a bit and see if the water level still rises after a while. We have that problem sometimes so always raise it up manually with our toes.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #7

Ernie, we had a similar thing happen in our trailer and I found that the pressure regulator was bad. Without enough pressure and flow it will not shut it self off.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #8

Had to take the faucet back off the other day cause I could not get it to stop leaking. Went to Worldwide to get a new faucet and asked the service people the same thing. First of all the service advisor told me that he didn't know whay it would do what it is doing. He went to the most experienced technician he has and asked him about it, guess what they don't know whats going on. Now when I replaced the faucet again the same thing happened, toilet was filling up and once I flushed the toilet everything worked as planned. This is the ninth wonder of the world.