Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2018, 10:40 PM   #1

Question Quality

We are thinking about buying a 2018 White Hawk 23MRB and have read some bad reviews of Jayco in general...any thoughts on Jayco Quality?
Pete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 10:56 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to JOF

I would start out with using the word "quality" in the JOF search feature....., a good cross section of 'quality' related discussions can be found there.

Do you have any specific quality/feature questions related to the 23MRB?

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #3

Where is search feature?
Pete1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:41 AM   #4

Try this search link:

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rum-37615.html

Also, we love our Jayco! Some minor issues, as with all campers, but nothing of any major import.

John from Central Florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 04:08 AM   #5

Budget is the operative word here.
I have had only minor issues with my 145 that i handled on my own without a trip to the dealer.
I would also look at dealer customer reviews.
Also look at manufacture satisfaction ratings,
Just some thoughts.
In any event...take your time and don't rush into any decision.
If you currently travel with an RV, talk with campers at campgrounds.
I have owned them all and had even small issues with my 109,000.00 Airstream.
No one is exempt from issues.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:07 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
Where is search feature?

Top gold bar, 3rd from the right. Advanced search is your friend. Be sure to be logged in or you'll have to jump through a bunch of "I am not a robot" hoops.

My experience with our trailer is overall positive. I haven't had any leaks anywhere. The cabinet door hinges are all screwed in with screws that are about 1/16" long, if that, so they pull out. I went around and put in heftier screws and all is well. I don't like the TV/DVD set-up but that's not Jayco's fault. The trailer seems to be put together well.

We looked at so many, many trailers. So very, very many. We decided on our Jayco because we found we were eventually comparing everything else to it.
KillerIsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:35 AM   #7

Quality is a highly subjective, relative, and often ambiguous term. We all have our own standards.

Personally, my definition of quality (to date) has found no home in the RV world. There may be two or three travel trailer makes to which I would positively apply my definition of quality, but I have not seen them or had first-hand experience with such units. I think I may use the term with Oliver travel trailers since I have seen them, literally touched them in the factory at every build stage. They seem to be legit. I hear good things about BigFoot, Escape, ORV, and Northwoods products, but I have not been in them, crawled under and on top of them, or been to their factories. Everything else made by Thor (including recent Airstream), Forest River, Keystone, Winnebago, REV, yada, yada - I cannot use the word quality to describe them - No way! Maybe the Tab products and some of the European, Australian, and Canadian makes, but the foreign makes are nearly impossible to experience first-hand.
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1 View Post
We are thinking about buying a 2018 White Hawk 23MRB and have read some bad reviews of Jayco in general...any thoughts on Jayco Quality?

If you are looking for a brick clad outhouse, on a poured concrete foundation using 2x6 framing with 8lb spray-on insulation, sheet-rocked, clad with virgin red cedar, finished off with a terra-cota tile roof (100yr warranty) and then appointed with a solid gold commode and diamond encrusted fixtures, all covered by 7x24x365 on-site support with a 10 minute response time, look elsewhere.

If you need a something to tow behind a vehicle that is reasonably priced and just a place to sleep, shower and shave, stay cool/warm and dry that is pretty nicely appointed, get a Jayco. Personally, if it were me, I would go with the 24, because you can get the bed down w/o having to open the slide.
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:49 AM   #9

I have the 2017 model of the same trailer. We have had minor issues with the trailer but overall we have been very pleased with it. Nothing has failed in 2 years, the trailer tows very well behind my Grand Cherokee. You have to remember you are bouncing this thing down the road (in Michigan some pretty crappy roads) at 65 mph and some things are going to loosen up. Our dealer has been absolutely awesome standing behind the 2 year warranty. My personal experience has been very positive and I will most likely be upgrading to a bigger trailer in a few years, and a bigger tv. If you like the layout and the price then pull the trigger and don’t wrap yourself around the axle reading all the negative comments here. People usually only post when they have a beef or a problem. There are a few strings on here with positive comments on trailers. Just make sure the dealer will support you after the sale. Happy camping!
Centerline WDH
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 AM   #10

Good point on the 24'. Our Feather 23RBM floor plan does not allow the bed down with the slide in. It lacks about 6" in design to accommodate the slide being in. It has been a problem in a couple of bad storms where we had to pull the slide in to keep the topper from tearing off. We wound up crunched on the sofa for hours - No fun. It also means that we could not use the bed if we were without power or battery, rare and unlikely but theoretically possible.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeatherFam View Post
Good point on the 24'. Our Feather 23RBM floor plan does not allow the bed down with the slide in. It lacks about 6" in design to accommodate the slide being in. It has been a problem in a couple of bad storms where we had to pull the slide in to keep the topper from tearing off. We wound up crunched on the sofa for hours - No fun. It also means that we could not use the bed if we were without power or battery, rare and unlikely but theoretically possible.

Yeah, I was looking for a 23 and could only find the 24 locally. I got lucky by getting the 24 instead of the 23 I wanted. I didn't know about that "feature". The sales peep even told me I couldn't lower the bed on the 24 with the slide in but I'm really glad he was wrong....
nevermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 06:05 AM   #12

Yeah, it got by me in the purchasing process. We just keep on living and learning. There is always another layer to unveil.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #13
Site Team

Its the first Sticky thread in the Forums Welcome page under Forum Admin and Announcements. It's a more thorough Google search of just this forum.

It's also highlighted in the bottom of my signature in blue.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...rum-37615.html
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:25 AM   #14

We have a 23MRB 2015 version. Maybe they changed since then but we can put our Murphy bed down with slide in. We love the trailer and the Murphy be is no be deal and gives lots of living space. We did have an axel issue and black tank stability issue that our dealer and Jayco fixed. In general I consider our tat to be quality made.
GScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 04:00 AM   #15

Featherfam hit the home run on this one.
Thanks for your insight....your right on!
I hope and wish things would turn around.