Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2015, 11:08 PM   #1

Quality and fit of finishes

Hi Everyone,

Having recently sold our 24ft class C we are are in the market for a TT. Asking round friends / family / co workers most say I cannot go wrong with a Jayco.

Went to look at a new 2015 26BH today and I was wondering if it's acceptable to see small imperfections on the interior, things like crooked cabinet doors, the tape that covers the seams in the paneling loose in a couple of places, some of the paneling having scuff marks high up at the ceiling line.

Is this the norm or am I being to picky in the grand scheme of things? I mean, when I buy a new vehicle I expect it to be in pristine condition, if something did not fit right or if there were marks on anything I'd want them fixing it. I know as soon as the kids are let loose in it there's be more marks.

My main concern is not what I can see, but what I cannot see. My thought is that if the can let it go out the factory with something as simple (and obvious) as these things then what other things are there that I cannot see.
jbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 11:20 PM   #2

I think "quality control" in the RV industry only means all the parts are in the box and some assembly will be required.
Popcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 12:31 AM   #3

We looked at several Jayco (and other) units, and recently bought. Our unit was not on the lot and had to be factory ordered, I would say it was "Pristine", only flaw I noticed was a wire that had worked out into the skylight which the dealer fixed before we took it. They gave it a good work-over after it arrived and before we took it as well so its possible they addressed a few more issues.

I did notice on some of the models on the lot we looked at it had scuffs, and several had the panel on the shoe compartment/bench right in side the door knocked out, The dealer advised me to keep in mind that these units had been on the lot and toured a lot, and towed to various RV shows, and that these issues would be addressed.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 04:42 AM   #4
Site Team

We looked pretty close at ours before buying. First look determined it was the floor plan and colors we liked. Second time was a much closer look, for obvious issues with the TT. We did find four minor things that the dealer repaired before taking delivery. At the final go through, the tech verified all was fixed to our liking, and that we were happy with it. Don't be afraid to ask them to take care of any issues. It's a major investment.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote