Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #1

Question about new 2015 Whitehawk 27DSRL

Does anyone know what is beneath the dinette table; specifically, under the two round floor base mounts that hold the table supports? Mine arrived loose from the factory and I want to drill pilot holes a little deeper so I can screw them down tighter. The screws don't want to screw tighter as they are without stripping them. I don't want to risk hitting anything below the plywood. Thanks.
edwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardo View Post
Does anyone know what is beneath the dinette table; specifically, under the two round floor base mounts that hold the table supports? Mine arrived loose from the factory and I want to drill pilot holes a little deeper so I can screw them down tighter. The screws don't want to screw tighter as they are without stripping them. I don't want to risk hitting anything below the plywood. Thanks.
If the dinette is a slide I wouldn't go deeper. When you bring the slide in you may damage the floor under the slide. I would go with a slightly fatter screw same length and put glue in the hole before you reinstall the screws.
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #3

What I meant to say is that the screws are not screwed all the way but very difficult to screw in tighter; I'm almost to the point of stripping the heads; so I want to drill small pilot holes to make it easier to screw in.
edwardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #4

Take one out and measure it....I suspect it will be 3/4 " in length and your subfloor under the dinette will probably be 3/4 "....we owned a 2014 WhiteHawk 30DSQB....dinette was on a slide...we changed to a dinette with 2 floor pedestal supports and we found ours to be 3/4" floor and we used 3/4" screws.

2014 Jayco White Hawk 30DSQB Summit Edition, Glacier Package
2012 GMC 2500HD Z71 SLT 4WD Crew Cab...DuraMax/Allison....3.73 Rear Axle.
2014 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Z71 LTZ 4WD Crew Cab...Vortec 6.0L V8...3.73 Rear Axle..(traded)
2011 Chevrolet Avalanche...5.3L V8...3.42..(traded)
jtownstumpjumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:29 PM   #5

There's a chance they could already be bottoming out. By the floor plan I could find your dinette is in your slide. I would take one of the screws out and see what length you have. Somebody during assembly could have used to long of screws.