Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-13-2013, 04:17 PM   #1

Question for owners of 32TSBH or similar

Does anyone know how you access the compartment where the power cord is retracted into? Last time out we were having a devil of a time getting the power cord out. It was tangled inside. I went into the TT and removed the panel just below the pantry, but that wasn't it. I was looking at how to remove the bottom panel when they called into me that they had gotten it out. One winter project will probably be to modify it into a detachable cord, but until then.
No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 10:00 PM   #2

I have a 2013 TSBH aswell and have found it difficult at times to get that power cord stuffed back in there. It hasn't bothered me enough to try and fix it tho. Pulling it out hasn't be an issue yet. The compartment must be somewhere beside or behind the furnace judging by the access from the outside. I try and coil it as I push it in and it always fits in and seems to come out ok.... No bloody knuckles yet.....
Air lift 5000 Air bags, 3.73 gears
2013 Jayco 32TSBH - Elite, Thermal, Outdoor kitchen :)
Lycheers LED colour awning lights :)
14Ft Naden D\W 15hp Evinrude
NrthrnCmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:38 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by krackeer View Post
Does anyone know how you access the compartment where the power cord is retracted into? Last time out we were having a devil of a time getting the power cord out. It was tangled inside. I went into the TT and removed the panel just below the pantry, but that wasn't it. I was looking at how to remove the bottom panel when they called into me that they had gotten it out. One winter project will probably be to modify it into a detachable cord, but until then.
Your trailer is like my 32BHDS. The box is a small plywood box immediately above the furnace behind the louver panel. You can't do anything with the cord from there. I fussed with mine only a few times until I replaced the access door outside with a shore connection. Now I twist lock the cord on, and twist off and toss in the trailer when traveling. It's safe from thieves in storage too.
kampfirekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:10 AM   #4

I'll second the twist lock cord - best thing I've done to mine. Easy mod except for access. I think they built the whole trailer around that little box.