Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-22-2020, 05:07 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristinaS View Post
I will have to pass this brand and model. Because I searched the dealers around me but can’t find any that is with a good reputation. This is too risky.
Good luck with your search.

Keep in mind that when you go to a brand specific forum it is a major point of contact for people looking for solutions to problems and can give a warped sense of the overall lack of quality for that brand.

Regardless of the brand you selected do a VERY thorough pre-buy inspection and if you're not confident you can do it (I wasn't the first time we purchased) find someone in your area qualified to do it even if it means paying for a service.

Don't sign anything or pay anything until AFTER the inspection is done and any repairs that need to be done are completed. Don't leave the lot with a promise to fix an issue later.

These are some things you can do to protect yourself from a not so honest dealer.
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #22

Jayco is middle of the road trailer for quality and cost.

We have a 2020 232RBW Rocky Mountain Edition.

So far, no problems HOWEVER, some cheap material used in construction;

Counter top, plastic surfaced pressed wood "don't cut on it".

Shower head has no on/off button, a problem when boon docking and water is scarce.

Very lightweight vinal flooring.

Missed a few staples in the ceiling, causing it to sag a bit "I took care of that".

QC... yea, it's so so...

HOWEVER, knock on wood or my head... no repairs yet, so on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it an 8 for quality vs cost...🖒

Happy camping...

Just name a few; BUT, We paid $19,000 amd a Forest River of equal size was $37,000, so you get what you pau for... Just saying...

Quote:
Hello everyone, I am interested in buying a Jayco Jay Flight SLX 7 145RB. I have some questions about this trailer and hope to hear your opinions.

1) After your purchased your Jayco TT, how often did you need to repair it in the first 2 years? What types of repairing did you do for it?

2) After the first 2 years, does the trailer consistently need repairing? If yes how often is that?

3) Did you use Jayco’s roadside assistance service on the trips? How was it?

4) Did your dealer provide any other roadside assistance service? How was it?

5) Is it a good idea to purchase a TT directly from the factory?

Thank you for your input!
Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:06 PM   #23

I bought a 2016 model of the same thing you had except the bed was at the far end not the table. I loved it. But it sleeps 3. Long story on a funny. We originally went from a tent to a pop up in 2006 after disastrous tent camping experience. Went bigger in 2014 had issues with it then went to what you have now. After the bigger pop up with issues we bought a trailer. I did not the husband. He had enough. So I bought this one. As soon as I brought it home? Everyone and their friends wanted to go camping in it. I cried when I had to realize I needed to trade it 2 years later to a bigger model they did not have at the time but similar to this with a bunk model bigger sleeps 5. If it is just you and 2 others great model. Or even one. I have thought of going back to this model since my mothers passing but am realizing in 5 years I may have a grandchildren so I am keeping it. You won't regret it. I had no problems with it. We bought ours thru RV General in Birch Run. Great people. Enjoy.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 11:42 PM   #24

Christina, we live right near you.. We searched every dealer within 150 miles and purchased our Jayco at Manteca RV. The major reason we chose them is because they have 28 service bays and they prioritize service for their customers. We've owned ours for 3 years and had one major problem that Jayco covered under warranty. The edge of the roof "popped" and a hole the size of a quarter opened up; the plywood split at the edge. We thought Jayco would just repair the hole, they replaced the entire roof. The few times we've taken the TT in for warranty work (all minor issues) they had the TT back to us on schedule, except for the one time a part was shipped incorrectly. The hour drive back and forth is nothing when you listen to the service issues from the dealers around this area. We purchased for a good price, but my major motivation was a reputable dealer who would provide customer service for a first time TT owner.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 06:30 AM   #25

We bought a 2018 28RLS end of May. I've had to replace the 30 Amp plug on my power line and now the tongue jack is bad. Got home from a 2000 mile, 8 say journey and the tongue jack quit on me. Besides those 2 things, warrant covered r.rear tail lamp and the kitchen sink faucet. So, some " problems" but I kind of expect stuff like that to happen. We've really enjoyed it.
Equalizer WDH
dwisser1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:54 PM   #26

Quote:
Thank you! I will keep that in mind.

I live in Bay Area California. A dealer close to us is Pan Pacific RV center.

Thanks!
Purchased mine from Pan Pacific and was happy with them. I have used their other dealership in French Camp for warranty work and they were very good
bam1429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
145rb, repair, roadside assistance, service