Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2020, 03:58 PM   #1

Questions about Jayflight SLX 8 242BHS

Hey everyone im considering this travel trailer for our first one and buying new. Everything comparable to this bunkhouse layout we like in other brands is about the same price used as a new Jayco.

Im considering going through RV direct because they seem to have the lowest no BS price. Has anyone dealt with them before almost seems too easy.

Additionally what I like is I can custom order everything and not pay for dealer options that I dont want like a 500 dollar tv that is worth 100.

In regards to the underbelly, one of the dealer tried to tell me its useless because it doesnt add insulation on this particular model anyone have thought on that.

Also if anyone has this particular trailer in the last few years or especially a 2020 id love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks in advance.
caffeine357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #2

Watching this post for answers as well. Hope
You get some feedback!
ErnieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #3

Hi Caffeine357, I agree with you idea of ordering a JaYco by ordering one with specific options.
I just purchased a new 24RBS. Shave not went camping as yet.
Question I have for you is ; How long a wait to get a Custom TT From Jayco?

P.S. See my post on rubber roofs.
Rambler
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 08:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeine357 View Post
Hey everyone im considering this travel trailer for our first one and buying new. Everything comparable to this bunkhouse layout we like in other brands is about the same price used as a new Jayco.

Im considering going through RV direct because they seem to have the lowest no BS price. Has anyone dealt with them before almost seems too easy.

Additionally what I like is I can custom order everything and not pay for dealer options that I dont want like a 500 dollar tv that is worth 100.

In regards to the underbelly, one of the dealer tried to tell me its useless because it doesnt add insulation on this particular model anyone have thought on that.

Also if anyone has this particular trailer in the last few years or especially a 2020 id love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks in advance.
All dealers can custom order trailers they just don't want you too because they want to get rid of stock on hand.

As far as RV direct you might as well go through them, my dealer experience was horrible.

I personally like the underbelly cover, and it does add insulation, not the best but anything keeping wind off your floor will help keep it warm. I also added a layer of refletix to mine.

I do however recommend removing it and checking underneath thoroughly you may find dangerously poor workmanship.
My black tank had 6 missing/broken screws. my gray had 3 or 4.
It's a pain but better than getting a surprise later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
How long a wait to get a Custom TT From Jayco?

r
It took 3 months to get mine. They're built in waves by model so it could be 2 weeks or 3-4 months.
m2bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 09:56 PM   #5

The 24RBS I bought did not have an enclosed underbelly and that was a selling point for me. Once I get the whole underneath done, including a almost complete re work of the wiring, then if I want one Iíll add the type that comes in sections on the new 2020 Wildwoods. You can pull each panel separately as they are about 4 feet wide front to back. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler View Post
Hi Caffeine357, I agree with you idea of ordering a JaYco by ordering one with specific options.
I just purchased a new 24RBS. Shave not went camping as yet.
Question I have for you is ; How long a wait to get a Custom TT From Jayco?

P.S. See my post on rubber roofs.
Rambler

From RV direct they told me 4-8 weeks.
Old 03-10-2021, 11:25 AM   #7

Did you get the 242 BHS? We are picking one up April 2nd.
Tah188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 07:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tah188 View Post
Did you get the 242 BHS? We are picking one up April 2nd.

Sorry for the late delay, we ended up going with the 267 BHS its pretty much the same as the 242 it just has a couch also, its been great for our first RV.

Let me know if I can help with any other questions!

We couldnt get a local dealer to budge on a 242 which is why we ended up getting a 267 at a better deal.