Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-09-2017, 06:48 PM   #1

Questions from a new TT owner

First, thank you all for the great advise and information I have gotten from this forum since I joined. What a great group.

I own a used 2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS. Just inside the door, the cabinet door under the sink counter I found a couple of valves with a clear hose attached. I don't know what the clear hose would be used for ( see attached pic)
Next, I found the bottom of my slide-out has a tear in the fabric covering the bottom of the floor. As you can see from the attached pic, the tear does not continue the length of the floor, only the first sixteen or so inches. The tear does not dig into the floor, only the fabric covering it. Still, it has me concerned. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2160.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	35217

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2161.JPG
Views:	35
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	35218
kmcravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #2

The clear hose looks like a winterizing hose. Turn the valves the opposite way & put the end of the hose in a jug of antifreeze. Turn on the pump & start winterizing.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:58 PM   #3

The second picture looks like something g is snagging the insulation on the slide. Can you check for anything sharp on the flor of the camper? And yes the first one is the factory installed winterizing kit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
That1028Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM   #4

In addition to turning those valves you will need to bypass your water heater, lots of good videos on Youtube about that.
Lolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #5

Thank you all for your help and advise. Nice to know what the clear hose is and I will look more into what is catching on the bottom of the slide out.
kmcravens is offline   Reply With Quote