Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-25-2016, 01:24 PM   #1

Questions I forgot to ask

I picked up our new 2016 Eagle 314BHDS yesterday. Delivery went well, couple minor issues they fixed right away.

I forgot to ask a couple things during the walk through so I figured I would ask here. Is there a bypass (hand crank) for the slides should they fail.

Second is there a way to get the awning in if motor should fail?

I am sure neither will be an issue but I always like to be prepared. I thought to ask about the jacks but not the slides or awning.

Also the brochure shows that a standard feature is a battery disconnect. I looked in manual and it says it would be in storage compartment. It is not. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
rb2boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:31 PM   #2

A handy app for a smartphone is Lipperts myLCI.
It will tell you all the trouble shooting for your Lippert components.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 04:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2boxer View Post

Also the brochure shows that a standard feature is a battery disconnect. I looked in manual and it says it would be in storage compartment. It is not. Am I missing something?

Thanks!
Mine is behind the fiberglass propane cover. However, it would not surprise me if they forgot to install one. They forgot to install a switch for my rear camera that I ordered from the factory.

jasoncw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoncw View Post
Mine is behind the fiberglass propane cover. However, it would not surprise me if they forgot to install one. They forgot to install a switch for my rear camera that I ordered from the factory.
Thank you so much, opened the cover and there it was. The tech at the delivery said, propane tanks are propane tanks so we never even opened that up. Guess I would have found it eventually

Thanks again for the help
rb2boxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 09:33 PM   #5

On my Eagle, the access for the manual overrides for the slides are underneath. (I have 3) There will be areas on the underbelly that have what look like patches screwed in, that's where the motors for your slides are. It will be on the side opposite the slide, 1 for each slide. If you look in your Lippert documentation it shows how to operate the override. If you didn't get a manual for Lippert, you can download it from their website, they also have videos on how to do it.

Bill
2016 314 TSBH
2017 F250 XLT 4wd
Propride 3P
Little Can is offline   Reply With Quote