Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2016, 10:28 PM   #1

Radio replacement ?

Looking to replace this fine beast with a touchscreen radio that will perform the same functions. I am really just looking for something with better sound quality and looks better. Has anyone found one that is comparable in size without having to make a big bracket/faceplate and still retains all the features as the factory one (i.e. - dvd player, TV inputs and outputs , speaker zones, etc )? I know the speaker zone selection will probably be lost in the conversion though.
jws0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 10:37 PM   #2

Of course the photo won't upload. .... says it's too big and I don't know how to resize it. So...... it's a Jensen AWM965. One of the big faced radios/dvd player.
jws0679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:31 AM   #3

I've actually been looking at something similar for our new TT. My first question when we looked at it was if there was a bluray option and me wanting to upgrade to Bluetooth. Our local dealer has a couple options, so I think you'll mostly just need to make sure you search for the appropriate keywords or talk to your local RV dealer.

Stoltzfus RV & Marine Products > Antennas, Radios and Electronics > Stereos and Accessories > Wallmount Stereo Systems

For sound quality, you may also want to check on the speakers you have and if they have been damaged or blown out from previous use.
Thyamine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 07:57 AM   #4

If you have a 1080 HD TV then whatever you buy get it with a HDMI output from the radio/DVD unit.

You will get the best quality picture that way when playing DVD's. This is the unit that came in my Jayco. It has a HDMI output. Not crazy about the remote but it has a audio input also.

I ran a cord with a 3.5mm plug on 1 end into the TV's audio output, and the other end of the cord with RCA plugs, R/W in to the stereo's audio input. Select AUX mode on the stereo and play your TV audio thru your ceiling speakers.

All this depends on what TV you have. I installed a 40 inch Samsung with the needed jacks and connections.

https://www.amazon.com/Furrion-DV320...=1&*entries*=0

You could possibly go the car stereo route. Crutchfield is the best place to get info, great service and willing to talk on the phone with no pressure.

Good luck on your search.

Crutchfield: Car Stereo, Speakers, Home Theater, Pro Audio, 4k TV

https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...l_9t0xtf3ks4_b
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote