Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #1

Question Radio Stopped Working

I have a 2015 Jay Flight 287BHSW that I have owned from its beginning. I have not had any issue at all with the radio (Dual XR4115 Digital Media Receiver), a few days ago we lost the power at the RV Park pole. When I reset the breaker I could not get the radio back on. Everything else appears to be working. The blue power button on the radio unit is on but it will not turn on. I have checked the fuses in the box as well as the inline fuse behind the unit and all seems to be good. Can anyone help me with this issue?
RRoath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #2

I was just going to have you check the in line fuse behind the unit. Have you checked past that fuse with a meter to see if the wires are hot? If you are getting power to the unit and it doesn't turn on, I would guess the electrical event damaged the unit.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:24 AM   #3

Hi There, does the radio have a removable faceplate? If it does, pull the face plate and look for a reset point. could be an actual button or a hole for a paperclip or some similar thing to be pushed in.

Same thing happened to our radio and hitting the reset with a paper clip put me back in service.

2018 Jay Flight SLX 195RB
2014 Ford Flex (retired)
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Dbl Cab 5.7L
Boooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #4

Or just buy a new/newer trailer with one of the iRV radios they come with and it won't work from day one.
GL243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
Or just buy a new/newer trailer with one of the iRV radios they come with and it won't work from day one.
Tumbler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 01:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GL243 View Post
Did you resolve the issue with your IR radio in your Jayco 174. I have power to mine but the remote (with new batteries) won't turn it on. Same with the AC although that has a power button
selbbub324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 08:08 PM   #7

IRV6 Radio/DVD

Recently purchased a Jay Flight 242 BHS. Came with a IRV62 stereo system and Solera Speakers built into the awning. The display on the stereo went out, cannot see anything, mode, channels, etc. In addition, the sound is awful, especially the outside speakers in the awning. Called the service dept twice, they are not returning my phone call. Terribly disappointed. Any suggestions?
Bobby Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 05:00 PM   #8

Booker, THANK YOU for posting about the Reset function. Who knew? After towing yesterday, the radio wouldn't turn on so I consulted the Jayco Owners Forum and there was your suggestion. Voila... my radio is back!
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Mac View Post
Recently purchased a Jay Flight 242 BHS. Came with a IRV62 stereo system and Solera Speakers built into the awning. The display on the stereo went out, cannot see anything, mode, channels, etc. In addition, the sound is awful, especially the outside speakers in the awning. Called the service dept twice, they are not returning my phone call. Terribly disappointed. Any suggestions?

Everyone I know with the awning speakers has problems with them. On our old trailer, it was the connection at the speaker, if I jiggled the wire running up the awning support arm, I could temporarily fix it. Eventually I took it apart and soldered the connections, mine had used push on terminals.

I was happy to see on our new 242bhsw they ditched the awning speakers and installed regular speakers on the wall of the trailer.
ctardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:38 PM   #10

ctardi, my awning has to be in just the right spot otherwise I get static & the sound cuts out. Bluetooth function quit working months ago. I think I'll get a mobile audio tech to come out and replace the entire system. I don't need outdoor speakers but the next owner might want 'em.
Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
radio