Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-01-2015, 01:06 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowtoy View Post
Ordered a set of Timbrens for the rear of my Tahoe last week. After reading reviews on the bags, it seemed like the air bags would be too much maintenance. The Timbrens you install and never worry about them again, sure you may sacrafice the ride a little when empty but air bags can get punctured, lines pop off, lines rub through, ect ect ect... Also, I have a set of the Timbrens on the front of my Tahoe also, so I figured a matching set would be better.
There really isn't much maintenance with air bag's.if you install it correctly they should last years.I'm not saying it can't happen but never read of one being punctured.IF you install it correctly there should be no issues.Sure a air leak is possible,but you check with a gauge and look for a leak.Any 3/4 ton truck rides stiff to begin with and from what I'm reading timbrens make the empty load a little bumpier.I know air bags will do what I need to do with the weight of my trailer,and timbres are supposed to do the same but may cause issues when using wdh causing a pendulum affect.I'm still up in the air that's why I'd like to get info from someone on here using them with a 3/4 ton truck and heavy trailer.hopefully they work out for you
314BHDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #22

Will hopefully have a report soon on that

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 02:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by 314BHDS View Post
There really isn't much maintenance with air bag's.if you install it correctly they should last years.I'm not saying it can't happen but never read of one being punctured.IF you install it correctly there should be no issues.Sure a air leak is possible,but you check with a gauge and look for a leak.Any 3/4 ton truck rides stiff to begin with and from what I'm reading timbrens make the empty load a little bumpier.I know air bags will do what I need to do with the weight of my trailer,and timbres are supposed to do the same but may cause issues when using wdh causing a pendulum affect.I'm still up in the air that's why I'd like to get info from someone on here using them with a 3/4 ton truck and heavy trailer.hopefully they work out for you
Might be differant on a truck with out coil springs? I had read through pages of reviews on etrailers web site about the air bags on vehicles with coil springs. The biggest complaint was leaks and getting the lines attached once the bags were installed (the air bags fit inside the coil spring). That is the main reason I chose to go with the Timbrens, plus their ease of installation. The timbrens I have on the front of the Tahoe do make for a bit of a stiffer ride, but they carry the weight of my plow very nicely and I am able to clear my 285/75/16s with out rubbing with the plow raised. I dont have a 3/4 ton truck (at least for now, its on the back burner if you will) but do have a heavy trailer, with what seems like a lot of tongue weight. Unfortunitly, most all of my storage is in front of the axles and hardly any rear of them, so theres almost no way to shift the heavier items to the rear of the camper. Ill give a full report once I get them on and the camper out. Not wanting to stir the pot, just my opinion...

'03 Tahoe LT 5.3L
Plowtoy is offline   Reply With Quote