Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #21

A lot just depends on how much you like to drive. I enjoy it and I'm usually good for the long haul. It's just me and DW and she's out as soon as she hits the seat, so I get to enjoy a very quiet drive and enjoy the scenery. Lots of times, I don't even have a radio on.
---------------------
Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
That sounds crazy to me. I can drive for up to an hour before I start falling asleep, no matter how much sleep i've had. We always camp with 50 miles or so of the house, but then again Friday night and Sat. night is all the time I have.
Preston if you allways fall asleep after 1 hour of driving you may have a medical condition, you should go in for a full check up to the doctor.

I had a coworker some years back that would fall asleep after lunch everyday at his desk for 1 hour, he was forced to go to the doctor by our boss he found out his Arteries were 70% blocked.

I'm not a doctor but you may want to go in for a check up.
2015 Silverado 2500
rodro123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodro123 View Post
Preston if you allways fall asleep after 1 hour of driving you may have a medical condition, you should go in for a full check up to the doctor.

I had a coworker some years back that would fall asleep after lunch everyday at his desk for 1 hour, he was forced to go to the doctor by our boss he found out his Arteries were 70% blocked.

I'm not a doctor but you may want to go in for a check up.
Thanks for the concern. I do get check ups lol. I believe it has to do with being a heavy equipment and diesel machanic with long hours and on my feet all day. Or is it swinging that sledge hammer to knock shafts and bearings out of bearing housings. Or is it that I'm 40 now idk lol.
Preston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #24

Preston, do you snore? Have you been checked for Sleep Apnea? This used to happen to me... I absolutely could not keep my eyes open at certain times. I can remember closing my eyes to take a "cat nap" at stop lights. After being diagnosed with severe SA, my doc put me on a CPAP and the problem disappeared. Yeah, it's a PITA but I sleep so much better now.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #25

Thanks for all the replies everyone! When we made the plans this winter we had a coleman pop up. We have 2 weeks to make the trip and I think we are going to stick to our plans. We can always adjust them as we go along if need be. It should be a trip to remember!

Thanks
Jayco24T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #26

Please do let us know how it works out for you... be safe and have a wonderful time!

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote