Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-15-2019, 12:33 PM   #21

I have the equalizer II 4 point sway WFH. Absolutely love it.
Pulling a whitehalk 30RLS.
2018JaycoWhiteHawk30RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #22

Having had an equalizer on a 30foot trailer behind a 2013f150 sb crew cab with ecoboost the equalizer worked great. Dial it in and you where set. Only other recommendation for any of these weight distribution hitches is to upgrade your rear shocks on tv. You are adding more spring into the ride and the original equipment shocks tend to allow the rig to porpoise more on bridges. I put bilsteins on rear of truck it was night and day change. With travel trailers when big rigs pass you get pushed sideways first a little bit and sucked back to them slightly after front bow bubble of air gets by you. Drive safe

RoadrunnerII

TV 2016 F250 Crew Sterling Gray SB 6.7 PS airlift ultimate Air bags
2017 Eagle 321RSTS
Pullrite autoslider
RoadrunnerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:33 PM   #23

If sway is an oscillation then I never met a person who encountered it. You're going to feel sideways push sometimes, often quite a bit of it. That isn't sway. I think there's an industry that preys on the fears of RVers--while it's "sway control" with trailers it's steering dampers for motorcoach owners.

Know your weights and work in their limits, have plenty of tongue weight, inflate your tires properly and roll.
irishtom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:34 PM   #24

Had a recurve R 3 on my 2018 Rockwood Roo 19 towed by a 2018 tahoe it felt squirrely and bouncy. I went to pass a big rig and RV started to fish tale DW and I ended up in a 12 ft. ditch totaling TV & RV. Nobody was hurt thank goodness but will look for a better WDH
we were a 17Z Jayco owner may go back
GlennB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 01:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
Had a recurve R 3 on my 2018 Rockwood Roo 19 towed by a 2018 tahoe it felt squirrely and bouncy. I went to pass a big rig and RV started to fish tale DW and I ended up in a 12 ft. ditch totaling TV & RV. Nobody was hurt thank goodness but will look for a better WDH
we were a 17Z Jayco owner may go back
Well, that's one.

How much tongue weight did you have?
irishtom29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 06:50 AM   #26

448 lb. about 4000 gross weight
GlennB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:19 AM   #27

I would recommend looking into a product called Airtabs They work very well at reducing sway when semis pass by and they improve fuel economy by stopping the wind drag at the back of your trailer
(10 to 15%)
tazz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazz46 View Post
I would recommend looking into a product called Airtabs They work very well at reducing sway when semis pass by and they improve fuel economy by stopping the wind drag at the back of your trailer

(10 to 15%)
I'll stick with a good hitch. How do these work with the large, flat surface area of the side of the TT and the air pressure a semi applies to it?
ASTMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 01:33 PM   #29

If you go on-line to their website, they have videos that explain the functionality of the devices. I have had them on my 34 ft 5ver since 2014 and have had friends traveling with us follow me to prove that they work. They didn’t think it was possible either.
tazz46 is offline   Reply With Quote