Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2020, 12:37 PM   #1

Remove dining seating area??

My wife and I recently purchased a 2012 Jay Flight 32BDHS. This is our first RV. We don't want the kitchen seating area. We want to remove it and put other stuff there (dog bed, chair, etc.). We plan to use TV tables to eat our dinners.

ANY REASONS why removing it is a bad idea? For instance, does the loveseat require the wall to lean against? Thanks.
pgregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 12:57 PM   #2

The only downside i can think of is reselling it down the road but people have removed dinettes to put free standing table and chairs and people have removed loveseats to put res. Furniture in or dual recliners or whatever. One thing to investigate is if any utilities are ran through what your wanting to remove. Ie electric,hvac etc.
rte1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:50 PM   #3

Looking at photos I don't see any reason you would have trouble removing it. X2 on making sure utilities are investigated. On the number of TT's I've looked at electrical wiring is run below the seats in the kitchen area. Fairly easy to reroute, but better to investigate first.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:57 PM   #4

With the kitchen on the other side, Can’t imagine there’s any water line or elect in your way - go for it. Keep the panels and cushions for use come time to sell/trade.
2017 RZR for the rainy days n muddy roads
Stingray75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 07:44 PM   #5

It should be easy to remove, it should be just a few #2 screws and it will be out.

X2 on the utilities. I dont have that tt. Under mine I have a 4" heat duct, many wires both 12 and 120 volt, plus 2 water lines. My kitchen and bathroom are not really near it. But the city water connection and water heater are on that side up front, but the pipes loop all they way to the back of the tt, and wrap back up the otherside.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2020, 08:10 AM   #6

If your dinette is made the way most are there are only a few screws and staples in the floor and walls. Careful disassembly will give you a bunch of flat parts that will store easily with the cushions. Only problem will be some blemishes from the screws and staples. Try to pull the staples out one at a time so the wood won't splinter. If you pry the whole panel off the wall they might. A little caulk for the floor holes and some matching putty on the walls will cover a lot up.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #7

When I purchased my 2018 Jayco Jay Flight 264BHW I had plans to remove the bunk beds and turn that area into a closet/dog bed area. I'm sharing my TT with two German Shepherd Dogs at this time. I put a round doggie pillow on the floor between the dinette table and kitchen cabinets for my 12 YOA male and my female sleeps with me or on the fold out couch.

I'm just living this TT while I'm building an earth sheltered home and will either dump it when I'm done or I had thought about buying an acre down in Arizona or NM to winter in. Gets pretty brutal over the winter in the Colorado mountains.