Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-06-2022, 05:28 PM   #1

Removing 29RKS Underbelly

I’m upgrading to full solar and I’m at the point of needing to run Romex and 4 gauge from the inverters and DC-DC Converters under the bed back to the power center. After a week of trying to figure out the funky fasteners it turns out a simple square bit works to back them out. Now, it still feels like something is keeping me from getting under the panels so let me ask, what is the best practice for accessing the underbelly area? Does anyone have experience running wire in this area?

Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 05:43 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren View Post
I’m upgrading to full solar and I’m at the point of needing to run Romex and 4 gauge from the inverters and DC-DC Converters under the bed back to the power center. After a week of trying to figure out the funky fasteners it turns out a simple square bit works to back them out. Now, it still feels like something is keeping me from getting under the panels so let me ask, what is the best practice for accessing the underbelly area? Does anyone have experience running wire in this area?
Some have just cut a couple access doors, hinge to the front, and then tape them closed with Gorilla tape, Mobile Home bottom board tape or equivalent.
Old 10-06-2022, 05:46 PM   #3

I’ve seen those replies. Since I was able to remove the fasteners I’m going to try and keep the paneling whole if I can. I have an aversion to cutting when I can’t see the other side.

Old 10-07-2022, 05:08 AM   #4

Underbelly

I removed mine completely and yes there were heater duct's,electrical wire and water lines that sagged and layed on top of underbelly.. Most of it running down the frame same side as furnance and electrical panel..I would remove access panel (if you have one) Then take a Utility knife blade and mark thickness of underbelly on blade with marker ..Put tape around mark to use as depth gauge with blade JUST 1/16th past thickness..Then cut access opening where i needed to start, May need to remove some screws along the way so you can pull underbelly down enough to see as you go and you will be able to see and follow path of existing utilities..To reattach clean really good and gorilla tape shut and add some self tapper screws where you may need to.. If you can see air ducts clearly check em as i had one (bathroom) that was not attached..Hope that helps
Tuna1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:43 PM   #5

Ok, on to plan B. What you guys said! I’ve got the first access cut so I’ll be running wire tomorrow. I really wish Jayco would be neater when they wire the power center! There’s a real rats nest back there!