Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2016, 08:25 PM   #1

Removing Glued on Bathroom Mirror

Our trailer has a simple mirror framed in wood grain trim that is glued to the wall over the sink. We want to replace it with a surface mount medicine cabinet about 2" deep. My wife is shopping for one while I figure out how to get the mirror off without tearing up the wall. Has anyone ever removed one? It is well glued, no loose edges to get a grip on and I've not tried yet to force it or wedge a scraper behind it to start getting it off. Any tips before I get forceful with it?

thx
suzhou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:04 PM   #2

I did it in mine... Best way is to get fishing line or something like that and put gloves on and put it behind the mirror sawing back and forth. Glued on really well but you'll be surprised it does a good job.
Moto_Man_22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #3

on my 287bhsw the trim was nailed on and came off easily, the mirror itself was stuck on with 2-sided foam tape. I ended up using a butter knife, but the fishing line would probably work better
kiknads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:31 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhou View Post
Our trailer has a simple mirror framed in wood grain trim that is glued to the wall over the sink. We want to replace it with a surface mount medicine cabinet about 2" deep. My wife is shopping for one while I figure out how to get the mirror off without tearing up the wall. Has anyone ever removed one? It is well glued, no loose edges to get a grip on and I've not tried yet to force it or wedge a scraper behind it to start getting it off. Any tips before I get forceful with it?

thx
Try some big braided fishing line...its pretty sharp. Like spiderwire/powerpro etc.
Cumming, Georgia
Go Dawgs!
Amosmoses33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 07:50 PM   #5

anyone found any good, lightweight medicine cabinets to replace the mirror?
scoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:46 PM   #6

We're still looking. Have decided to leave the mirror and go with a rectangular cosmetic box style cabinet across the bottom, under the mirrot. They are about 4" deep and 6" high with doors that slide across the front. Could not really find anything in a full sized medicine cabinet that looked worth ripping the mirror off the wall and that was light enough for me to feel comfortable with mounting it. The nice ones were fairly heavy. We only really need a little space for small misc bathroom sink items.
Old 08-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #7

I ordered the mirror from the 28bhbe, it was $90 canadian plus shipping and matched all the other fixtures
kiknads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzhou View Post
We're still looking. Have decided to leave the mirror and go with a rectangular cosmetic box style cabinet across the bottom, under the mirrot. They are about 4" deep and 6" high with doors that slide across the front. Could not really find anything in a full sized medicine cabinet that looked worth ripping the mirror off the wall and that was light enough for me to feel comfortable with mounting it. The nice ones were fairly heavy. We only really need a little space for small misc bathroom sink items.
Where did you get this from? Did you mount it on the wall? I've been looking for something to store small items in and haven't been able to find anything that will fit on the counter.
Old 08-25-2016, 09:02 PM   #9

Haven't actually purchased it yet, on the list, but there are some on Amazon that look like they will work. Do a search for "surface mount cosmetic box" and you will see a few options.