Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #31

No way. It is rude of them to ask!

SmokingGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 07:36 AM   #32

I know that I would NEVER rent or loan out our camper to anyone! I don't think they would take care of it like we do. Besides this is our personal space and I don't want anyone else staying in it.

Hubby, Me and Bossman makes three.

2007 Toyota CrewMax
2004 Jay Flight 27BH
Campit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #33

No no no no no no no. Not a chance.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:32 AM   #34

No one will take care of it as well as you. I think you'll be disappointed in yourself if you decided in favor of loaning. It's okay to say no.
WhiteHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #35

I have one close friend and his wife that I would allow to use it. Only after i take it to the site and set it up. He and his wife are considering camping and I offered with the thought that it might give them insight into whether camping was something that they would like or not. He and her are extremely meticulous. He is the ONLY one that I would consider.
Ela1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 12:13 PM   #36

Yes you are right this is MY SPACE this is where I can sit down and do nothing. Read and drink wine in peace. I work too hard.
The old trailer we would let a close friend use it, we would deliver it and set it up for them. ( No truck) It was their family holiday up in the interior.
And I would let them use this one. but the same I would do the set up.
They know what this trailer means to me. They call it my horse.
They have two mini horses
annie oakly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 03:06 PM   #37

There are very few people who i would trust to look after the trailer the way that people who own them and spend time fixing them do. At least if you break something yourself you dont feel bad fixing it. Its Murphys law too, that when someone else has it, the aircon (or something expensive) is going to blow up and you will have a stunned look on your face when you get it back.
That being said, I dont mind my kids using it now and then but they appreciate what it took to get it so look after it well.
Old 07-25-2015, 04:40 PM   #38

This works both ways good and bad.Last year a friend (no longer friends) offered to let me use his new to him TT.The thing was trashed,dirty,fridge didn't work,tanks were full!!!,no battery,heater was broken cabinets were busted,tires were shot,lost the keys.

I spent a entire week fixing and cleaning the thing.I offered to put a battery on it and 4 new tires if he would repay me(big mistake).He agreed but didn't pay me back till a few weeks ago.

Needless to say he got his trailer back in 100 times better shape then he loaned it to me in.The only thing that needed done when he got it back was flush and sanitize the fresh water tank(didn't know till I was camping water smells like rotten eggs) and fix heater.

How ever is anyone borrowing my trailer?? Heck no!!!!
WrenZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #39

Nope!

With our new Jayco TT, I won't even allow my husband to take it on his annual "Man Camp" tradition, where a big group of his guy friends all get together, camp, and drink all week. A few of them who don't own camping equipment slept in our old TT, and my husband brought it home with carpet and floors covered in mud, leaves all over the place, pee all around the toilet, and just generally filthy. No way will I let our new one be treated that way, and I told him that if he's going to go on "Man Camp" this year, that he's sleeping in a tent. He's not the one who has to clean up that mess.

So renting it to strangers? Nope!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:16 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspontiac View Post
With our new Jayco TT, I won't even allow my husband to take it on his annual "Man Camp" tradition, where a big group of his guy friends all get together, camp, and drink all week. A few of them who don't own camping equipment slept in our old TT, and my husband brought it home with carpet and floors covered in mud, leaves all over the place, pee all around the toilet, and just generally filthy. No way will I let our new one be treated that way, and I told him that if he's going to go on "Man Camp" this year, that he's sleeping in a tent. He's not the one who has to clean up that mess.

So renting it to strangers? Nope!
So.... is that a definite NO?

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote