Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-03-2018, 07:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra0078 View Post
How big is your rig if you think you need two ACs.
WH 27 dsrl. In Florida the second AC would be nice in the bedroom at night. During the middle of the day in the summer the camper is also warm and the unit doesn't cycle off much. (going in and out doesn't help). But, we have the skylights with insulation and have made other adjustments to help. The AC just does not seem to flow to well back to the bedroom We do use a small tower fan that helps. Our MH had two units. One went out and had to be replaced just before we traded. I was glad to have the second as backup.

"Let the Reel Cool Times Roll !!!!!
ReelCool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:19 PM   #22

Obviously, I don't have the high cost for the Coleman thermostat you do north of the border.

However, the Coleman I got this time when I purchased my 23RB did cost about 20-30 dollars more than I used to play for a simple Honeywell type home thermostat.

I used to replace with a Honeywell because the old thermostats I had only were connected to run the furnace.

My new trailer has a ducted AC and it is also controlled by the wall mounted thermostat. This is the reason I sprang for the higher priced Coleman, because it is a straight wire for wire replacement. Didn't have to guess at anything. Didn't have to monkey around with the thermostat. Just change wire for wire, which is how I replaced it. I removed a sire from the old analog thermostat and hooked it to the new thermostat. Did this for every wire.

I'm not smart enough to do it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibra0078 View Post
Almost all of the digital thermostat dont have a high and low switch for the fan setting, when replacing to a digital one should one wire a switch to control the low and high fan? Or just leave it on low? I honestly don't remember if this past summer I had the fan on low or high. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote