Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-05-2017, 10:44 AM   #1

Replacing Tires

I like many others have decided to change the tires on my one year old 29 RKS. I have read comments about different brands choices. Before I pull the trigger, I would like to check with everyone else and see what you have chosen and what road range you have decided on? The three brands that I have been looking at is Maxxis, Carlisle, and Goodyear. Thanks for any and all help.

Tom and Kathy
North Ga

Slow and Steady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:51 AM   #2

I just bought a set of goodyear endurance from discount tire direct.. $434 plus $160 off in rebates so a smokin' deal... watch their site they run the special about ever 3-4 months...

curver900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:52 AM   #3

I went with the Carlisle tires early this year and put about 6,000 miles on them. They drive great, have kept their pressures nicely, seem much smoother than the old ones, and I can't really find a negative about them. Our local RV shop sells all of them and couldn't find anyone who has really complained about the newer Carlisle tires.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 10:53 AM   #4

Goodyear, Load Range E for our TT.

Be sure to check your rim's max pressure before you buy.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:11 PM   #5

Another vote for the Goodyear Endurance, Made in USA
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #6
PMC

I changed the tires out on our 27DSRL to Goodyear Marathon right around the time they moved from production in China to the new USA made Endurance trailer tires. I ended up with the Chinese Marathon and while I wasn't overly happy I also wasn't specific enough to be mad at the dealer for installing them. They ended up being great tires and wore way better than the Trailer Kings that came on it and were pretty toast after 10k miles.

I'd get the US made tires without a second thought if I were doing it today.
PMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #7

Your TT is a lot heavier than mine. I replaced my tires about 2 years ago with Carlisle HT. I reviewed a lot of tires, even made a spreadsheet that documented each tire option. I decided to go up one load rating. Verified the rims could support the higher air pressures.

The Carlisle tires hold their air very well, I almost never have to top off the air pressure. I also went with metal valve stems. I probably have about 5000 miles on the tires, and have been very happy. I also changed out my spare.

Its winter so it’s a good time to do your research.

I went with Discount Tire, I chose not to go with the extended tire warrenty. I picked up a nail this summer. I found a flat tire at home, after sitting for a few weeks . I pulled the tire and Discount Tire fixed it for free.
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow and Steady View Post
I like many others have decided to change the tires on my one year old 29 RKS. I have read comments about different brands choices. Before I pull the trigger, I would like to check with everyone else and see what you have chosen and what road range you have decided on? The three brands that I have been looking at is Maxxis, Carlisle, and Goodyear. Thanks for any and all help.

Tom and Kathy
North Ga
Mt 27DSRL is about 7500lbs fully loaded out to max. I upgraded as soon as I could from Load C china bombs (rated to 65mph but I wouldn't go that fast with them) to Goodyear Endurance Load D (rated to 80+ so I will go 65mph with them). Been a little over 5,000 miles so far and the hold air pressure and look brand new. I love the way the TT towes with them and also not as bouncy once set up at site.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Goodyear, Load Range E for our TT.

Be sure to check your rim's max pressure before you buy.

Oem aluminum specs are hiding, any insight for their rating?
Old 12-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabirch View Post
Oem aluminum specs are hiding, any insight for their rating?
It is stamped onto the rim.

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote