Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-12-2018, 05:24 AM   #1

Review/Help buying new 2018 Jay Flight SLX 265RLS

Hello everyone, my husband and I are on our way to Ohio (from Florida) to purchase a 2018 Jay Flight SLX 265RLS. I can’t seem to find any reviews. I did see that at least 1 person here in the forum owns this model and hopefully they and anyone else that may own it can chime in and let me know how they like it and give me a small “Review” with pros and any cons they may have. I did see something about Jayco quality has slipped?? Thanks in Advance for your help.
maxdonport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:55 AM   #2

I can't help you about the decision making but my wife and I just bought the same model and we're taking delivery this Saturday. It had everything we wanted without some of the bells and whistles we didn't need. It was hard to pass up the closeout price on the 2018 model.

Good Luck to you!!
Don Lumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 05:30 PM   #3

Thanks Don we pick ours up tomorrow. Agreed it is a buy. Hope you enjoy the road.
Old 08-13-2018, 07:40 PM   #4

My wife & I have the 2017 model and have taken it out several times this year. In fact we just got back from a 2 week trip. We love it. It was great value for money; it probably doesn’t have all the bells & whistles, but the price we paid was excellent and it has everything we need. We wanted a couples model not a bunk house and there’s plenty of space for the two of us.

Things to be aware of - there’s not much space in the bedroom around the bed. And yes, you are going to have some quality issues but that’s pretty much the same for any manufacturer. Our screen door sticks, there was a slight leak in the hot water inlet (easily fixed) but otherwise it’s been great. We tow with a F150 Ecoboost and a Reese wdh and it’s solid, especially when the front is loaded.

Enjoy your new trailer!
Chrismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 05:16 AM   #5

Thanks for the info. We agree a lot of trailer for the money. We traveled to Ohio for a great price. Enjoy your travels and thanks.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:52 AM   #6

I don't have one, but know that when you close the slide out, you will be cut-off from accessing the middle of kitchen. And would have to open slide out to use kitchen.

Ive read everything from a "deal killer," to its not a problem cause we only open slide out and use TT when at campsite. I love the floor plan. Let us know what you think.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 10:57 AM   #7

Not quite. With the slide closed you can't open the internal door from the kitchen to the bathroom, but the kitchen itself is fully accessible.
Chrismc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:24 AM   #8

Have a 2017 265RLSW. Love it except we wish we would have gotten a 50 amp and a 1500 btu AC or 2. Trading it in or selling it outright as soon as we find the exact unit we like.. Nothing wrong with it at alin. Just wish we would have been better educated. Somebody is going to get 1 heck of a deal.
12ptdroptine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 11:32 AM   #9

Quote:
Not quite. With the slide closed you can't open the internal door from the kitchen to the bathroom, but the kitchen itself is fully accessible.
Thanks. Was just wondering, because this is the floorplan I want someday.
Merrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 09:24 PM   #10

Hi Merrick, we picked up our Jayco slx 265rls and the first thing we did was secure the door from the kitchen to the bathroom with a door stop and tie. It worked great and plenty of room with the slide in and complete access to the bathroom and bedroom. We love this trailer, and what a great floor plan.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:36 AM   #11

Interested in your ongoing experience with the camper as this model is also on my short list (along with a Nash). I looked at the 245RLS yesterday and liked it well enough, but feel like the extra room might be welcome for just a little more money.
GANGGREEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #12

Just brought mine home today. Still in honeymoon for awhile. Will post review in a month or so after a couple of outings
Don Lumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxdonport View Post
Hi Merrick, we picked up our Jayco slx 265rls and the first thing we did was secure the door from the kitchen to the bathroom with a door stop and tie. It worked great and plenty of room with the slide in and complete access to the bathroom and bedroom. We love this trailer, and what a great floor plan.
Awesome floor plan! Our 2015 27RLS floor plan looks virtually identical as far as I can tell from the online slx 265rls Jayco site. The only difference I see is that ours has windows at the front and rear of the slide. The online floorplan doesn't show windows there. BTW, we do the same thing with our door.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
help needed, jay flight slx 265rls, review