Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2017, 12:18 PM   #1

RME/BAJA on 212QBW and 232RBW

Thanks to those who offered an opinion to my "W" question.

My next set of question is about Jayco's RME (Rocky Mountain Edition) and BAJA editions which are only manufactured only at their Idaho plant.

*Where is the extra 40 gal. fresh water tank mounted?

*Does anyone know the 16" wheel and tire specs, i.e. the wheel size info/code stamped on the on the rim, sometimes under the tire and sometimes outside near the valve stem. Interested in the rim width and back space dimensions primarily. Jayco advertises Goodyear off-road tires with the BE, what model, size and load range do they spec?

Thanks in advance for your help.
nko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 12:32 AM   #2

Found out from a dealer today that both water tanks (two 40 lbs tanks) are mounted above the tandem axle. Good news there. Don't know about the tires yet. I have not purchased my unit yet.
rvmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2017, 07:40 AM   #3

Thanks for your reply RVM. Since that post I have purchased an end of the year 2017 Jay Flight 23RB, so it has everything that an SLX RME has plus 30# tanks. It lacks the flipped axles and 16" tires/rims of the BAJA. There have been FS and ranch roads that extra ground clearance, even with a short trailer, would have been helpful with my previous trailer. So the axles will probably get flipped on this unit, undecided about the 16" setup though.
nko2000 is offline   Reply With Quote