Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 AM   #1

Rocking Pedestal Table

2013 White Hawk 26 DSRB --- Big problem with the table rocking fore and aft when you sit down to eat. Didn't want coffee in my lap so here's my fix.Works great no movement. Have a woodworking shop,so I used a scrap piece of hard maple 1 1/8"x2"x21" long--counterbored the holes to accept 1" #10 hex head sheet metal screws. Put the table and legs together, went under, held cleat up against table, marked where I wanted it,took table and legs away,applied two part Locktite 5 min. set epoxy to back of cleat,carefully positioned cleat on wall,then screwed to wall ever so gentally. Remember you"re screwing into 1/4" luan---you can't use a lot of pressure--- just enough to snug up the cleat. Let this sit overnight. I then applied two strips of heavy duty exterior grade velcro I found at Lowes,installed the table and legs. That did the trick,and the added bonus--- the wife is happy.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	9228
Tanker Yanker 43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #2

Great idea! I think I'll do that to mine to solve the same problem.

2014 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew cab with 6.2L and max tow package
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2020 Starcraft Autumn Ridge Outfitter 182RB
Cypress, TX
pawpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #3

Nice work!
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #4

Great idea! Our free standing table is screwed into the floor with small short screws because it sits on the slide. We have to go up and down a five mile very rough road to get in and out of our home. I'm going to see if the table will fit flush against the side wall without hitting the valences. This along with pillows my DW puts on the chairs, which are pretty effective by themselves, should solve the problem.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanker Yanker 43 View Post
I then applied two strips of heavy duty exterior grade velcro I found at Lowes,installed the table and legs. That did the trick,and the added bonus--- the wife is happy.Attachment 9228
Did you use both legs? The bar looks sturdy enough to use only one leg, the one farthest from the wall.

I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the RV table industry. I have exactly the same problem on my 2005 24SS that I just bought - yours is 8 years newer, but they still haven't fixed the problem!
Eric6A is offline   Reply With Quote