Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-02-2012, 10:39 PM   #1

Roof Vent Covers...32BHDS...What Fits???

Since the dealership can't answer my question, and I cannot physically look at my own 32BHDS (in storage almost 30 minutes away), can someone please tell me if I can install 2 of the standard MaxxAir vent covers on the rear bunk and washroom roof vents??? I would prefer the MaxxAir II but they do not stock them for some reason. The dealer said it would fit for sure over the bunk vent but couldn't say if another standard vent would work, or if I would have to go with a Fan/Mate for the bathroom vent. I just don't want to waste time running back and forth. Thanks!
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 PM   #2

I installed a MaxxAir II a few weeks ago on the bunkhouse vent of my 32TSBH (a close cousin of the 32BHDS). No problems there. I thought about getting one for the bathroom vent too, but when I got up there I realized that it would be a pretty tight fit or might not fit at all. There's another vent cover that runs right along side of the bathroom vent that creates issues.
Equalizer 12K
Forgvn77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #3

I have 3 maxair Fan/mate vents on my 32bhds. It looks tight with the bathroom and bunk, but they fit. Dealer installed mine, never said anything about issues or modifying. I think there is a sewer vent that makes it tight...I've been on roof and everything looked fine (don't recall mods to cover to make it fit, just tht it was tight. I'm attaching a pic and you can see the two maxair fan/mate vents up top in the rear.

Here are the covers I have: http://maxxair.com/fan-mate.html
heppdj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #4

Thanks for the info guys. Some pictures, if you have them, would be great, too.

heppdj2...where is the 3rd vent cover located on your 32bhds???
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:54 AM   #5

Does the MaxxAir help with humidity? Over Memorial weekend, we had A/C on (kicked butt!) & it felt like the bedsheets were moist.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #6

I have 3 Maxx air vent covers on my 32BHDS. One for the front bedroom, one for the rear bunkhouse and one for the bathroom. The one for the bathroom is very close to the bathroom air vent pipe.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 AM   #7

Front bedroom, rear bedroom and bathroom.
heppdj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruizinKim View Post
Does the MaxxAir help with humidity? Over Memorial weekend, we had A/C on (kicked butt!) & it felt like the bedsheets were moist.
With the MaxxAir vent covers installed you can leave the TT vents open without the fear of rain coming in. So if you have the covers installed and your TT roof vents open then you can avoid the moisture build up you felt on your bedsheets.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #9

I just installed 3 of the MaxAir Vents that I purchased from ebay about 2 weeks ago. Really like being able to leave the vents open and let some of the hot air out when it is closed up. Like others mentioned, the vent for one of the tanks is pretty close. My MaxAir is off-set just a touch over the vent to provide enough clearance. You can't tell it from inside or outside. I didn't want to pay the extra cost for a fan/mate cover. I don't see any issue with the standard MaxAir over the bathroom fan.
jwstewar is offline   Reply With Quote