Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-28-2017, 07:22 AM   #1

Roof Vents

We have a 2017 306RKDS Eagle HT. We like the trailer so far but it has no roof vents save the one in the bathroom. I would like to add at least one and change the bathroom one to a max air with a cover. Has anyone else done this? the trailer needs the ventilation.
Greencanoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greencanoe View Post
We have a 2017 306RKDS Eagle HT. We like the trailer so far but it has no roof vents save the one in the bathroom. I would like to add at least one and change the bathroom one to a max air with a cover. Has anyone else done this? the trailer needs the ventilation.
In the same boat, I have actually bought and not installed the Maxxair cover for the bathroom so we can leave it open, and am really considering installing additionals. We have taken a few trips where we travel long destinations and pull in for overnights, the thing is almost unbearable when we arrive and takes too long to cool. Options are vents we can open on the road, or figure out how to run the AC on a generator shortly before were ready to stop is my best plan so far.

There are some posts on here about others who have installed, I am thinking about it now that warranty is out. My understanding is after the 2 years Jayco will give you schematics on your unit so you know where wires etc are and can make the cut. If I were to do it the places would be the top bunk (it gets stifling quick), the main bedroom, probably where you would mount the second AC if we ever put it in, and somewhere in the living area accessible when the slides are in.

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:20 AM   #3

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...oof-45121.html

ProPride 3P

jsallman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #4

Hey, Jayco - Get with the Vents and Fans, Already!

Jayco should do a better job with their vents and fans. They need more of them and better quality fans. We have a 23' box with one cruddy fan in the rear bath - very poor. I see this in a lot of Jayco products. My brother has a Heartland piece of junk 18' box unit with two OE MaxxAir fans (bath and bed).

We are putting in a MaxxAir, but the coach should have had one over (or near) the bed area, too. It is not that much more money to do it right with a quality product the first time. It's just bean counting run-amock. Somehow, Forest River and Keystone manage to put more and better fans in their cheaply made low-mid cost units. Jayco is in their league in terms of build and pricing.

Hey, Jayco - Get with the vents and fans, already!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:56 PM   #5

I purchased my TT last year, called Jayco, they sent the schematics right away. Just call Customer Service. Jayco provides great phone support, their team is impressive.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 04:15 PM   #6

Thanks, I will get in touch with Jayco. Really the only downside to the trailer so far.
Old 10-28-2017, 06:58 PM   #7

Extra roof vents are not necessary after you add a fantastic fan or similar unit. Turn the new fan on exhaust and then selectively open windows as needed in the areas of the TT you want to pull in outside air. Moves a lot of air and you can vent a hot interior and bring down the temp quickly.
Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:45 PM   #8

I was planning on taking out the factory fan in the bathroom and replacing it with a fantastic fan, right now that is the only roof vent. We had two in our last trailer . Ran one on bringing air in and one exhausting it was perfect set up, unfortunately that whole trailer fell prey to some checking their phone at 75mph.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:01 PM   #9

I upgraded my bathroom fan to a Vortex II and have put off plans to cut a new vent in the bedroom, at least for now.

If I put t he fan on exhaust and open a bedroom window at the other end of the camper I can feel the breeze created by the fan.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote