Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-20-2022, 07:32 AM   #1

Question Running Lights Won't Turn Off

I have a 2020 280RSOK Eagle HT TT. The running lights on the driver side of my camper will not turn off. When I connect to 50 amp they do turn off but when I disconnect they go back on but only the left side. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? To turn them off I disconnect the battery when in storage. Additionally my power tongue jack dies after about a minute of use when not connected to AC and I have to manually crank. Not sure if it is related to the light issue. I had the 3 year old battery tested and it tested fine.
Rensel Eagle HT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #2

Sounds like a connection break in the wire. A short would cause this.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 08:07 AM   #3

Welcome Aboard!

Tongue jack: could be a few different things. There could be a thermal fuse, if the motor is working to hard and over heating, it could be tripping this thermal fuse. Realistically, do you know if the issue happens at the end of travel? If so, this is a normal problem. Your TT, may have an auto resetting circuit breaker. It takes a few moments for this circuit breaker to reset (not sure how long as I have a manual jack).

As for the marker lights, do you have the new JaySmart system on your TT? This is a control box, that makes all your marker lights flash when your turn signals are activated. There was a number of posts when the system came out, of people having similar issues. I do not recall any resolutions being discussed. Maybe worth spending sometime searching this site. It should not be hard to remove the JaySmart system and wire the lights back in the old school method.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:34 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rensel Eagle HT View Post
Has anyone ever experienced anything like this?
Yes. One of the wires in the 4 square junction box was shorting out. This is the box where the 7 way cord connects to the trailer wiring. My problem was on a 5th wheel, but the connections on a TT are similar.

2022 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
Yooper906 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:31 PM   #5

Thanks, yes the jack has been failing when I get to a destination or after I get home from a trip. And then again when I take it back to storage. It usually dies within a minute of use. Only been an issue the last two times out.

Yes I have the Jaysmart system and will troubleshoot that the next time I have the camper at home.
Rensel Eagle HT is offline   Reply With Quote