Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-10-2016, 08:14 AM   #21

For some reason, I still like the "Leave it at Wal Mart" fix... flat tires included.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:51 AM   #22

The owner knows. Likely, it's the double-rented space story, or a friend of a friend who needed temporary storage while they are selling their house, etc. I'd put some pressure on him. Put the stranger in the temp spot and he needs to give you back the one you are paying for. Unless the stranger is willing to fund your spot for a month.
Old 07-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #23

I'd like to haul it out into the middle of the street and abandon it. Then it's a police matter. But, I'd probably settle for squirting honey in its orifii and let the ants deal with him.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:51 PM   #24

Wow, so many ready to do criminal vandalism when they have no facts. It could be as easy as a rig parked in a site not marked properly, or, the wrong side of the site marking. Of course the lot owner should take responsibility and do what he has to to remedy the situation.

wags999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:13 PM   #25

Thank you again, everyone for your suggestions. I will wait a few more days to see if it gets moved. If it doesn't, I'll demand the lot owner get it towed. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 03:22 PM   #26

This would be the perfect situation for a tire boot along with a note to call you and you will unboot it at your convenience. Might be a week or two until it is convenient for you.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:23 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlee View Post
I'm the opposite. I wouldn't live in a place where I couldn't park my RV in my driveway. As I type, I can look down on mine which is plugged into a 30 amp RV receptacle.

It's ready to go on a moment's notice.

But is a sad situation that a) someone would take your leased space, and b) the storage lot operator would actually allow someone to park in your space.
Funny, I have plenty room to park my TT at home and there are no city or HOA ordaninces prohibiting it, but I absolutely hate having it here other than the 24 hours before or after a trip. Initially I planed to keep it home, even had a 30a outlet installed, but after a few weeks it went back to offsite storage. In fact I brought it home today for a trip that starts next Saturday only because I'll be traveling for work all week and would not have the chance. Most people say it's tucked nicely out of the way on the side of my house behind the gate, but I just prefer to keep it at our storage facility a couple miles from home.

Now if I showed up and someone was in my spot I would not be as patient as the OP. If the facility owner/manager didnt want to deal with getting it moved I would simply hook up the offending trailer and move it. Probably would just leaving it in the lane next to the office and drive away. The storage place would certainly deal with it then.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #28

Talking Have it towed

I'd post some pics of it for sale on craiglist for cheap or free just tow it
Doboy Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #29

I was kidding I think....about the wal-mart thing...but I still think if I hooked it up and waved at the owner on my way out of the lot I might find out he rented my spot for what he thought was a couple of days and now the other person knows he's got the spot as long as he wants it.

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:01 PM   #30

The OP's post describes a serious matter, but it also wonderful fodder for those of us with a humorous bent. So please don't stop, folks, with the illegal and vandalism ideas if, like mine, they bear a humorous intent.

Life is too darned serious. It's the number 1 cause of death.
'14 Denali XL
Old 07-11-2016, 06:41 PM   #31

While my posts were actually only meant in jest... It totally unhinges me when some joker pulls stuff like this... and what I've actually done... I'll keep to myself...
Old 07-11-2016, 07:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by schrederman View Post
While my posts were actually only meant in jest... It totally unhinges me when some joker pulls stuff like this... and what I've actually done... I'll keep to myself...
I would say "Schrederman" pretty much explains it without saying more!!! Lol

And yes, it is some crap regarding the storage. I agree with moving the rig near the office!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 02:33 PM   #33

I used to live in an apartment complex where people would park in my spot all the time. After a while I didn't even bother with management. They would try and track down the owner of the vehicle or something like that. I started to keep a copy of my lease in my glove box. That was all I needed to show the tow truck driver to have the offending car towed. Assuming the OP has a lease and the space is clearly marked then having it towed would be no big deal.

That being said, I was confronted by someone that I had towed one time. He was pissed because he had to pay (he said) $500 to get the car back from the tow truck company and expected me to pay some of it. That story ends with him attempting to assault me and then going to jail. Later I had to get a restraining order. While you would be in the right, the person who you had towed would know where your trailer would normally be parked. You might be on the receiving end of some honey or worse. If you like your spot and you have a temp spot for now then I say let the owner work it out.

TV: 2011 Nissan Xterra Pro4x
TT: 2016 174BH Baja Edition
schmittychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 07:56 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmittychris View Post
That being said, I was confronted by someone that I had towed one time. He was pissed because he had to pay (he said) $500 to get the car back from the tow truck company and expected me to pay some of it. That story ends with him attempting to assault me and then going to jail. Later I had to get a restraining order. While you would be in the right, the person who you had towed would know where your trailer would normally be parked. You might be on the receiving end of some honey or worse. If you like your spot and you have a temp spot for now then I say let the owner work it out.
Your experience has been my concern. I haven't wanted to do anything myself due to concerns about the other party getting angry and doing something to my trailer once his is moved. The owner of the property was having it towed today. I think he is just tired with my daily call, and realizing I'm taking up his temp spot that he can't sell right now. There is still no info who's trailer this is.

Former pilot to the rich and famous. Current domestic engineer, head chef, head laundry officer, head dog walker, and pilot volunteer. Lover of tacos and soccer
beechjetpilot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:17 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by beechjetpilot1 View Post
Your experience has been my concern. I haven't wanted to do anything myself due to concerns about the other party getting angry and doing something to my trailer once his is moved. The owner of the property was having it towed today. I think he is just tired with my daily call, and realizing I'm taking up his temp spot that he can't sell right now. There is still no info who's trailer this is.
Why can't the police be called and run the licence plate. One phone call to the owner and its all over.
2017 F-350 Platinum CC SRW
klassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #36

Fortunately, I have a good working relationship with the lot owner where we store our trailer in the off-season. The deal I have with them is I'm renting "space", not "a space." When I show up in the fall, I ask them where they want me to park the trailer and they tell me where, and I ask them if they have to move it during the winter, and they always say no. After that, I don't care, they can park whatever they want around it or in front of it, it doesn't bother me. But what I do is in the spring, when I'm ready to get it out, I give them a week's notice, just in case they have parked someone's trailer in front of ours, to give them time to move it. Like I said, they're great people there and I've never had a problem.

However, if I were in the same position as the OP, where someone had parked in my designated spot, I would have told the manager that I'm giving them a set time frame to solve the problem, or I'm taking my business elsewhere. Let my money do the talking. If it's taken care of in that time period, all is forgiven. If not, it's their loss, and both me and my monthly fees will walk away.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 08:28 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Why can't the police be called and run the licence plate. One phone call to the owner and its all over.
Because that's an abuse of the system...we are prohibited from doing so arbitrarily. The FBI would put us Law Enforcement Officers' (LEO's) in jail for not using the system properly. The key is...we have to have Probable Cause to make an arrest or Reasonable Suspicion to further the investigation. It's not always cut and dry like many think. The more the documentation the more we can do!

And we can't legally release that information to the general public without repercussions.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:25 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by klassic View Post
Don't know too much about Mission Viejo area, although a daughter lives nearby in Ladera Ranch. But that same daughter previously lived on the border of Scottsdale and Phoenix. My car was broken into and Phoenix PD wouldn't respond, too busy. Just took a phone report for the insurance company.

This incident, being on private property, it wouldn't surprise me if the police there would not be inclined to respond.

If towed today, it's a done deal anyway.
'14 Denali XL
Old 07-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #39

If the guy's smart enough to have an RV, he's smart enough to know he's infringing on your spot. I'm glad it's being towed... maybe he'll learn something... probably not...
Old 07-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #40

Get on the roof and yank a Maxxair cover off and poop on the fan!
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote