Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2020, 06:58 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksdude View Post
Yeah, that's definitely food for thought. NADA guides say low retail for my trailer is ~$18K. That would be, of course, after the roof was fixed, and you could probably deduct a thousand for wear and tear.

So I could pay $9K now for a new roof, or I could buy a new trailer (assume around $15K trade in?). That would be around $15K out of pocket for the new trailer.

So $15K for a new trailer (which will have to be fixed up for a year to be where my current trailer is at, functionality-wise), or $9K for a new roof, and never have to go up on the roof again, in a trailer that I've already spent a ton of time and money making it bullet-proof (except the roof, I guess).

I don't really see the point of that. I've fixed so much of the crappy Jayco manufacturing defects already... I don't really want to go through all that again, and pay an additional $6K for my efforts, LOL!

I think I'd rather pay the $9K and be done with it.
Exactly my thought when my rubber roof membrane started failing at 5 years. The rubber roof warranty is worthless IMHO.

My RV Flex Armor roof was hit by an oak limb this past Wednesday night when a tropical storm blew through. The only damage was a little oak bark residue on the roof where it scraped by. A rubber roof would have had a tear for sure.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 07:00 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaycoMLOK View Post
I just had RV Armor quote mine 2 weeks ago. They said 25' and longer is $150 per linear foot. Mine is 34' and quoted at $5,100. I don't have a problem with my roof just looking for longevity and less maintenance. Also it will void your existing roof warranty but they give you a lifetime warranty. I will not do mine till after my mfg 2 year warranty runs out which I still have another year.
My rubber roof membrane started failing at 5 years. The rubber roof company offered $250.00 total compensation with their 10-12 year warranty and only then if their material was used for the replacement. Completely worthless. If their worthless warranty is voided by something much better who cares?

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50X, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 10:19 PM   #43

Cause of leak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksdude View Post
I need a new RV roof due to water damage.

Your camper is but four years old! If you don't mind answering, what caused the leak and how much damage has been done under the rubber roof? Did you inspect the roof regularly? If yes, what kind of repairs have you made?

I have a new camper and don't want to discover a $6K problem four years down the road.
RichCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 11:16 AM   #44

Question HAS any body had any trouble with Jayco Roof 285RLSW 2020 travel trailer

Any body out there could tell about the roof on a 285 RLSW jayco travel trailer ??
myghost3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:13 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2naEagle View Post
I know I'm late to the thread but you can't go wrong with the Flex Armor https://rvroof.com/
Last roof you will ever need and zero maintenance. I have it on my 5th wheel.
I'm also going to put it on my new Redhawk Class C.
Did you place the flexarmor on your class C?
Allezelenfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allezelenfer View Post
Did you place the flexarmor on your class C?

Yes I did.
2naEagle is offline   Reply With Quote