Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-29-2021, 05:01 AM   #1

Satellite in issue

Could not get the receiver to see the satellite. Called and emailed Jayco, their answer, bring to dealer. I did get them to send me the wiring diagram. Turns out the satellite in goes to a plug inside that pairs with the regular antenna. Unfortunately, this cuts the reception from the satellite to the receiver. Simple fix, put a splitter from satellite in direct to receiver and then to the original plug

This was an easy fix once you look at what they did. I was not happy with the mfgr answers to me. Basically, pushing it off. We do like the trailer and hope to get years of fun.
stephencs601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:00 AM   #2
CAG

This issue is discussed in a number of other threads and wiring schematics for some models are posted in the manuals section. Jayco emailed those to me when I called asking for them. One shows how to set up for DISH.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #3

I saw the videos and info from Jayco was marginal None had the issue I faced. I fixed and all is good again.
stephencs601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 09:31 AM   #4
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephencs601 View Post
I saw the videos and info from Jayco was marginal None had the issue I faced. I fixed and all is good again.

I'm not aware of the videos but I am sure they were posted to help. Specifically, the schematics I posted from Jayco show a solution to the type problem you mention and if you use the search feature at the top of the page you would find a number of posts on this problem, including mine and another which mention the switch solution and if you fixed your problem on your own, great. The solution might have been as close as the top of this page in the gold bar.

So far from what has been posted here most models coax routes through switches which will not give you a direct sat route to the TV/Receiver. The above info gives solutions to that problem for about every situation I have seen posted here.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote