Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #1

Schwintek Slide problem.

Is there anyway to sync the slides? Have a 29rlds. The slide with the fridge stove and sofa attempts to come in. Stops in the fridge side with about 6 inches left out and the sofa side comesin a little more then it stops. Service said to let it out and when it stops to bring back in until it stops and then back out again. It may take 8-10 times for it to sync. Well 25 or more times and still not coming in all the way or even. It’s Schwintex.

Any easy tips.
BertaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #2

There are several You Tube videos that show how to sync. You only move it about 6 inches each time not all the way in and out.

There's also a thread on on JOF, I'm sure someone will remember where.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:54 PM   #3

Just had to do the slide in out Seneca. This is the video I watched and tried on outs and it fixed the issue.

https://youtu.be/hSafAnjxIV4

Rustynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #4

My 324BHTS did the same and I learned the Swaintech slides do NOT like to go partially in and out. I was doing this due to space at home to get to the fridge and they got out of sync.

Gently get the slide all the way in by cycling the switch until its in, and then hold the switch down until you hear a click.

Then run the slide all the way out, and then hold the switch until you hear a click.

This will re-time/psync the motors and all should be fine, and just try not to run them partially out or in.
The old- 2001 Jayco Qwest
The new- 2018 Jayco Eagle 324BHTS
2018 F-150 Ecoboost
vwprostock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:41 PM   #5

I've tried everything. Some videos say all the way and then back in , some say go out 6 inches and then back in. Guess I better wait for service to come. Lol. It's still not. Coming in straight and stops with like 6 inches left out in the steve fridge side. Frustrating.
Old 11-16-2018, 01:33 PM   #6

Unhappy Manufacturing defect

Turns out it wasn't the slide mechanism often all. It's all a manufacturing defect. The side of the wall was not big enough to accommodate the slide in. It kept rubbing on the moter because the hole where the slide goes in is too small. We had bought this and had it in the shop before and was said to have been fixed. Originally they said it was a screw that was in the gears. Then it Was still doing it. We never had to open the slides very often because we were at a seasonal site and just required one opening when we settled in the spring. Was when we brought it home in the fall that it all happened again. Not going in all the way. Our local Jayco dealer said that they didn't feel comfortable fixing it here and we would have to take it to where we bought it 8 hour drive south. Now we are starting winter and have to wait til spring to get it down south. They need to cut the wall and make it bigger. So so not happy. Would love for Jayco to come and get it and take it to Indiana and fix so it the way it the way it should have been done in the first place. Angry, frustrated and unhappy with this product. Jayco 29rlds.