Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #1

Seasonal camp set up

Hi there, I am new to the tt world of camping. I have been a tenter my whole life until now. I just purchased a 2012 jayco eagle. I have a seasonal site and I was wondering if I could get some tips on how to set up for a seasonal site? Im new here and don't know my way around to well, sorry if this has already been posted. Thanks
rvingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:53 AM   #2

Hey there Rvingmommy! We are also seasonal site campers but I don’t see many other on this site! Do you have the same spot year round? Where will you store it? The advantages we have with the seasonal site are, we have are a deck, we put the trailer on cinderblocks to stop it from rocking so much, We have WIFI there so we got a WIFI thermostat so we can turn the AC on while we are driving up to the camper in the hot summer days from our iphones, And plants we have lots of care free plants we put in! Here are some recent pics of our set up. (FYI I hid the cords better!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	7778

Name:	photo 2.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	7779

Name:	photo 3.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	7780

Name:	photo 4.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	7781

Id love to hear from or see other peoples seasonal setups!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #3

Re: Seasonal camp set up

We r now seasonal again. We were seasonal for 14 years then we sold and went mobile for 4 years. Last season we ordered a 33rlds and travelled last season trying out new parks and found one we liked so we parked it last September. Its less work and more enjoyable being seasonal in our opinion.

2011 Ford F150 S/Crew Ecoboost HD
2012 Jayco 33RLDS
2013 Four winns h180 ss
RaveOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcatone View Post
Hey there Rvingmommy! We are also seasonal site campers but I don’t see many other on this site! Do you have the same spot year round? Where will you store it? The advantages we have with the seasonal site are, we have are a deck, we put the trailer on cinderblocks to stop it from rocking so much, We have WIFI there so we got a WIFI thermostat so we can turn the AC on while we are driving up to the camper in the hot summer days from our iphones, And plants we have lots of care free plants we put in! Here are some recent pics of our set up. (FYI I hid the cords better!)

Attachment 7778
Attachment 7779
Attachment 7780
Attachment 7781

Id love to hear from or see other peoples seasonal setups!!
We have our 36BHDS set up on a seasonal site and +1 on the cinderblocks , minimizing how much you cranks down the stabilizing jacks will help alot with trailer movement. Just remember to check the pressure ever so often because things will settle. We never leave the water on , it's always the 1st and last thing we turn on/off outside. It would not be good to find you have sprung a leak while you have been away for several days. The hot water heater is always the 1st thing we turn on/off inside. I also have our black/grey drains plumbed to the drain with PVC pipe instead of the flexable hose. Something alot of people don't think of on a seasonal site is tire pressure , check it ever so often because tire pressure will affect your level.
THABULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #5

We have our 2012 308 RETS on a seasonal site and love it. TT is on cinderblocks, although I think we'll need to re-level her as the ground shifts a little over the winter months. 4" PVC plumbed into the septic system. Built a nice deck the full lenght of the camper with table, chairs & gas grille on the deck. This allows everything to flow. My wife planted flowers & put in a fountain at the front of our RV. We leave the fridge on while gone, but turn the water off when we are not there. Perfect set up for us. Show up Friday Night after work, open the door & hit the button for the awning! Life is good! Oh, the beverages are already cold when we get there.

2012 Jayco Super Lite 308 RETS
2014 Georgetown 328TSF
2013 Jeep Rubicon w/Mods
308rets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #6

I'm so excited to see this post and meet you guys! We are going seasonal this year! Our main reasons are: hard for DH to get off work on weekends, and has been a BIG PAIN finding open spots near our home!

So when I saw an add for a new (being completely renovated) seasonal park 40 miles north of us on the Missouri River--we drove out and picked our spot! The sad news is--with this wet, cold spring they have been having trouble completing construction. But it's just about ready to move in!

I have a million questions--first--what do you mean you are on cinder blocks? At our new place, it's up to the renter to provide their own pad, parking surface. Are you on grass, rock, asphalt? What can we do that will work nicely, but be cost effective?

Vickie

Replacement: 2013 Winnebago Minnie 2101FBS

2010 Honda Ridgeline
1988 Perris Pacer "Bean" (molded fiberglass camper)
PugMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
I'm so excited to see this post and meet you guys! We are going seasonal this year! Our main reasons are: hard for DH to get off work on weekends, and has been a BIG PAIN finding open spots near our home!

So when I saw an add for a new (being completely renovated) seasonal park 40 miles north of us on the Missouri River--we drove out and picked our spot! The sad news is--with this wet, cold spring they have been having trouble completing construction. But it's just about ready to move in!

I have a million questions--first--what do you mean you are on cinder blocks? At our new place, it's up to the renter to provide their own pad, parking surface. Are you on grass, rock, asphalt? What can we do that will work nicely, but be cost effective?

Vickie
My spot is just gravel. The concrete cinder blocks are put under the stabilzer jacks to minimize how far you crank the jacks down this will make your trailer more stable with people moving around inside. Practical for a seasonal site but not for hauling around from 1 campsite to another.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #8

Ok---gravel being laid tonight. We can't build wooden decks in our park---any ideas for an easy patio? Would love to see more pics like jcatone-----beautiful!

Has anybody built your own fire pit, or bought one? How about table ideas? This park is offering the old picnic tables that got hit by a flood---they look pretty rough.

Hungry for any and all ideas---decorative and practical.

Can't wait to set up my own little paradise!

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 05-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #9

Thanks! If not decks I would probably look into an easy outdoor carpet. I know I saw some threads on here about good ones. As for a fire pit we use an old big rig tire rim. We are on gravel and cinderblock’s. As for tables we have the cheap fold up ones and a few logs that were turned in to side tables. We got the big glass set with 6 fold up chairs from Stop and Shop on clearance for like 150 bucks!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #10

Nice set up you got there Jcatone!!! Would like to stop over sometime for a Captain Coke!!! LOL
CRM-JAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRM-JAM View Post
Nice set up you got there Jcatone!!! Would like to stop over sometime for a Captain Coke!!! LOL
"Me and the Captain make it happen!" (I’m not the actual Captain drinker but there’s enough to go around!)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #12

We have our 36BHDS on a stone pad with cinder blocks to lower the jacks on. We did add jacks in the middle of the TT and really reduced the swaying. You may want to add tire covers to your list, the tires take a beating from the sun. We added a 10 ft by 28 ft deck and a 10 ft by 8 ft shed to the site. Have bikes, mower, weed wacker, tools and stuff.
paflyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:11 PM   #13

Great ideas and help! Keep em coming! Can't wait!

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 05-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #14

Decided at the last minute to come to our camper tonight , 23 miles and about 15 minutes getting things situated I'm stretched out on the couch watching my flat screen tv with satellite. No wife no kids until late tomorrow afternoon. LOL Loving my seasonal site.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #15

Thanks everyone for the tips I appreciate them. I cant wait to get out to the lake. Your tips will come n handy i will post pics when I get set up
Old 05-10-2013, 07:23 AM   #16

Good Morning THABULL! How was your night? Sounds heavenly. I'll be staying in my new camper this weekend for the first time! Won't take it to seasonal site till Sunday night--then leaving town for a few days. Last day of school is May 24---after that I'm free to set up the homestead!

Pics! I love pics!

Miss V

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 05-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #17

Here's our Seasonal Site on the Bruce Peninsula in Ontario.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b6rfp6jcwe...2019.54.15.jpg

On Permanent site at Gillies Lake, Bruce Peninsula
LilBigfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:23 PM   #18

Very nice!!!!

2011 Jayco Flight G2 23FB
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 HD
1500Weight Distribution System, Accupower Pilot Brake Control, Sway Control, Husky Elec Jack
Moving Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:04 AM   #19

Looks great!

2010 Honda Ridgeline
Old 05-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #20

Nice set up I was wondering if someone could post some pics on how to set up on cinder blocks please. I'm not sure I understand how to do this. Thanks