Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2016, 01:52 PM   #21

Just talked to some relatives and we are now in the planning stages of a trip to the Outer Banks!

That will be the furthest I have towed my trailer so far but definitely looking forward to camping on a beach!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:38 PM   #22

Florida Camping Season is just getting started... We can finally have a Campfire without sweating around it! We have trips planned every month of the year and are planning to head to North GA or farther in December to enjoy some cold weather.
MIFL19H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
Just talked to some relatives and we are now in the planning stages of a trip to the Outer Banks!

That will be the furthest I have towed my trailer so far but definitely looking forward to camping on a beach!
You will appreciate a big rug.. four concrete blocks, extra towels and a dishpan for rinsing sandy feet. Sand is the scourge of trailers!
Also a can of compressed air if you have propane appliances. One grain of sand can wreak havoc if its in a jet.

We have some of our FL reservations made for Feb. We made reservations the day before Hermine hit the two areas.. but all will be ok.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:45 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Gass View Post
You will appreciate a big rug.. four concrete blocks, extra towels and a dishpan for rinsing sandy feet. Sand is the scourge of trailers!
Also a can of compressed air if you have propane appliances. One grain of sand can wreak havoc if its in a jet.

We have some of our FL reservations made for Feb. We made reservations the day before Hermine hit the two areas.. but all will be ok.
Thanks! I am NOT a beach person but my entire family is. I am looking forward to it because my camper will be my sanctuary!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:39 PM   #25

Our kids school schedule changed this year and they added a week off near the end of October. We are planning a trip to Disneyland for a few days and bringing the TT with us.

We also do our annual Thanksgiving trip to Valley of Fire near Las Vegas with a group of friends. Usually 4-5 nights in the warmer weather. Deep fried Turkey, cocktails, tri tip steaks, pizza in the camp chef pizza oven.....did I mention cocktails?

2005 Forest River Rockwood 2601 (Sold)
2011 Ford Expedition XLT (Sold)
2008 Jeep Wrangler (Just for fun!)
Nukeneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 05:36 PM   #26

Trips Ahead

Just installed a furrion back up camera , Getting Loaded for trip next week, Headed North to Copper Harbor MI only about 600 miles. May get to see some sighs of fall , Then we have our fall camp around 40 people 6 units in southern Indiana, Then it gets put into hibernation till spring
sobuck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:00 PM   #27

I think Fall camping is the best, but unfortunately, it is a busy time of year for our family... We have one last 3 night trip planned to Endless Caverns in October when my daughter is out of school for a couple of days.

2019 Open Range 374BHS
2107 Chevrolet 3500HD dually
Gone campin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 07:21 PM   #28

This weekend is our last of the summer. We will be in NC getting our final pre-winter inspection and hanging out for the weekend. We are newbies and have been out 10 times this year. Fall commitments keep us busy and our snow starts here around middle of October (western MD). I am going to be so sad on Sunday when we unpack it. We both are not retired yet but so wish we were and could be in it all year!!
ryounglewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:03 PM   #29

In Texas, our prime camping weather is just beginning! Campfires just aren't as enjoyable when it's 105+ outside...at dusk... Ever tried to roast a marshmallow or hot dog with sweat dripping in your eyes? :-)

We enjoy the cooler weather for sure.
justman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 08:33 PM   #30

Living in Las Vegas going south for the winter is where we go. San Diego is cool but no freeze and also the Gulf states. We just got back from Lake Tahoe labor day weekend and headed to California (Oak Glen) to pick apples last weekend in September. Hope this helps.
stickywicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 09:51 AM   #31

Man wish it was warmer year round here to keep the season going. Florida is to far to go to for a weekend with the camper even a week would be short. Need two weeks minimum to travel that far. We drove from NY to Virginia for a week and its a long drive with the camper. I towed it to North Carolina for a two week trip that was not bad. Long drive but worth it. I am not looking forward to the snow and ice and the road salt. I cant stand it. Wont pull my camper once it snows. Not because I'm afraid to drive, I wont pull my camper through the salt. Here is hoping to another mild winter.

2008 FORD F250 FX4 XLT DIESEL
2013 JAYCO EAGLE 314BDS(Ordered)
2023 JAYCO EAGLE 312BHOK
Donedroolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 11:21 AM   #32

Oooohhh...........Summer camping. Sweat, crowds, and bugs. No thanks. Our season is just about to begin. We'll be going to Virginia pretty soon to see out daughter, son-in-law, and 2 precious grand kids. That will start our season off in the last part of October. Our season will end in May about when school lets out for summer. So far, I haven't figured out a procedure to "simmerize" our trailer.....