Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-18-2018, 06:37 AM   #1

Second outing with my Jay Flight 28BHS

We had our second hunt of the year last week and although we still love our trailer the issues are piling up. So far to date we have the following issues that we need to get fixed.

1. Fridge door is misaligned which I talked about before. With nothing in the door you can still open the door with out pushing in the latch. Unfortunately this leads to items falling all over the floor when towing. Thankfully none of those items have broken causing any messes.

2. Water heater will not ignite when using propane. This should be an easy fix. I believe a few members have pointed out issues with this. I can hear the gas come on, but no ignitor.

3. The awning will not come out with out a little help. Someone mentioned before it probably needs to be tightened.

4. A/C vents not all blowing air.

Now some new things.

5. Battery will not hold any charge at all. Once I unplug power it shows empty on the monitor panel. It's a month old. Leads me to believe the dealership gave me an old battery. Hopefully they replace that.

6. Furnace is great, but while looking at the breaker panel I noticed someone had installed a 20 amp fuse for the furnace when the sticker calls for a 15 amp fuse. This concerns me a bit and makes me wonder if they had issues with the 15 amp fuse blowing during the prep and decided to use a 20 amp fuse instead of fixing the problem. Anyone else have a 20 amp installed where it calls for a 15 amp?

7. Lastly, my TV mount is about to fall off. It looks like the just use a few staples for the board that the TV mounts to and those are all falling out. Thankfully the TV didn't fall.

Sorry for the long post, taking it in tomorrow. Hopefully they fix everything. Again, we love the trailer. It's just all these annoying things going on.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:03 AM   #2

Just wanted to update on the repairs that took place.

1. Fridge was removed and door realigned.
2. Bad circuit board, replaced.
4. Rubber flap was blocking one of the AC vents, cut out rubber flap.
5. Replaced battery.
7. Secured TV mount

Took the trailer out again after repairs were made and have some more issue:
1. Slide would not move out. Found I had no voltage to the switch. While watching the meter I could push in on the 20amp fuse and get the voltage I needed. Looks like a bad connection on the board for the slide fuse.

Also I noticed my steps were a little floppy. Found the bolts loose under the trailer. Went around and checked the other bolts and ended up finding every bolt was loose that connected the trailer to the frame.
Old 11-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #3

Don't like to hear about a new RV having this many issues and I hope the dealer/Jayco get them taken care of. We've spent 30 nights in our new 28RLS with no issues other than a detached section of inside window frame, the victim of one horrendous stretch of road in PA (thought I'd loss my partial bridge during that portion of road). I expect there will be other issues but hoping there will be none that are the trip cancelation kind.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote