Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-15-2019, 01:19 PM   #21

Security problems

Hi, up here in Canada I had a Stealth security system installed in my unit.

It runs on 12v which is trickle charged by the Solar panel they installed so no worry about power.

Door, windows and storage compartments all have sensors I have one motion sensor which when triggered emit a very loud alarm and also is monitored so the cops are sent, the unit also has GPS tracking as part of the package.
Rcemerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #22

I used one of these as a great deterrent Quorum A160 security monitor
Ronso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcemerat View Post
Hi, up here in Canada I had a Stealth security system installed in my unit.

It runs on 12v which is trickle charged by the Solar panel they installed so no worry about power.

Door, windows and storage compartments all have sensors I have one motion sensor which when triggered emit a very loud alarm and also is monitored so the cops are sent, the unit also has GPS tracking as part of the package.

You wouldn't by any chance have the company name or a website for all to look at?
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #24

Okay this might be a start I did find this that if you can find a place near to install it or mount it on your rv. https://reolink.com/security-cameras...ravel-trailer/
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 02:52 PM   #25

Alarm

Go to www.traileralarms.com and you will find a system there
Old 06-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #26

here is a one way to keep tabs on your RV while in storage:

https://www.spypoint.com/EN/
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 03:12 PM   #27

Or use an old mobile phone plug it into power so it draws from a battery pack via USB and download Alfred app and you can check in on your rv remotely
Old 06-15-2019, 03:28 PM   #28

Or this:

https://www.stealthcam.com/wireless-series/
Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:44 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big1 View Post
You wouldn't by any chance have the company name or a website for all to look at?
securedbytriton.com
Rcemerat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:23 PM   #30

You could have had a monitoring system that alerts
https://www.pcmag.com/review/368415/...e-security-kit
redley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 07:25 PM   #31

Well guys, after being in Law Enforcement for 30 yrs I can tell you that locks and alarms only work on honest folks! Best solution is a great insurance plan with total coverage and you sleep well at night! Second option, make everything look like it's broken or trashed so no one will want it. That worked for a friend's rental house.
32Pinnical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:54 PM   #32

‘tis more prudent to deter in my opinion than to detect. Having said that the inherent vulnerability of trailers compounded by your situation calls for detection cameras. An Internet search for miniature, battery operated cameras as well as for spy cameras produces a selection of results may provide the covert detection required for a police report, insurance report, and possible conviction. It is understood however that this is to little to late to save a scheduled journey.

Again, deterrence is much preferred to keep your belongings safe and undamaged in your trailer. I don’t have an option as to how this may be accomplished with a trailer. I personally am fortunate that I can pay to store our trailer on a military recreation storage yard that is located next to a military K-9 unit.
Arctic Bos'un is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 02:20 AM   #33

I hid an old Iphone in my trailer last winter. I was going to use find my iphone as a gps unit, so I could track it if it got stolen. The phone would turn itself off every night that got below freezing. It worked fine on warmer days and nights.

Good insurance is the best solution.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #34

I hate using "RV Storage" lots. I've had some theft issues and there's always someone who can't drive an RV that seems to find my unit to hit...of course, they leave a note...right? I put a request on Facebook on one of my local chat groups asking if anyone had RV storage space they'd like to rent out at their home. I got lucky and found a spot about a mile from my house. I park on a 2.5 acre lot behind the home and shop next to the owner's RV. I have total access to my unit and can go there to work on it whenever I want. Of course, I respect the family's privacy and go at reasonable hours. These folks have become friends since I've been parking there. I pay them $75 a month and the peace of mind is well worth it. My unit is out of sight from any streets and there's a "lot light" right over where I park. This is by far the best RV storage I've every had. Who knows??? You may get lucky too!
Bakersfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 01:37 PM   #35

RV Storage Issues

Hi,
I am a Jayco RV Owner and I store my RV at an RV/Boat Storage Facility that I manage and live at.

I have been managing storage facilities since 2015. If people want to steal something, they will find a way. It doesn't matter how secure the storage facility is and how many cameras they have. I have been lucky that since I have been managing storage facilities, we have had no stolen property at any of them. The closest was, in Idaho, someone walked into the property and tried to drive away with a Class A Motorhome!!! Luckily, the jacks were deployed down on the ground and the thief tried to drive it away with them deployed and did not know how to raise them!!! So, that is one way to deter them.

All I can say is that you should have them properly insured for any incident. :-)
Livermore, CA
Elefantdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 02:19 PM   #36

The next time we purchase a home, a priority will be a place to store our RV on the side of the house.
We had our tt broken into recently at the storage lot. I suspect that the thief was somehow connected to someone who works for the storage lot because we were the only unit broken into, and they were able to stay out of view of the one camera that wasn't working.
They stole our bag of tools.

Not only is theft or damage a concern, but it's inconvenient to pack, unpack, and clean when it is parked at an alternate location.

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote