Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-01-2014, 07:14 AM   #11

So, let me understand this, the pm is not covered under the year warranty? I would not expect it to be, but want to be sure.

No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 AM   #12

Sounds like an up sell program as well.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 12:07 PM   #13

That's correct Krackeer, PM isn't part of warranty coverage. Looking at the entire PM pkg, a lot of items don't even apply to my TT. So I asked them to price just fridge and furnace service and they wouldn't. Therefore they just lost potential business. This dealer doesn't sound very reasonable to me and NOW I'm concerned about them screwing me on the roof inspection!
Old 03-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkc22fb View Post
That's correct Krackeer, PM isn't part of warranty coverage. Looking at the entire PM pkg, a lot of items don't even apply to my TT. So I asked them to price just fridge and furnace service and they wouldn't. Therefore they just lost potential business. This dealer doesn't sound very reasonable to me and NOW I'm concerned about them screwing me on the roof inspection!
If your concerned about getting screwed, inspect the roof yourself first, take pictures, then have them do the inspection. That should confirm your concerns or ease them about the dealer. I'm in the service industry myself...(HVAC) and I EXPECT my customers to check on my work....it's called building trust. If you don't check the work before and after, you'll never know if you were screwed and there will always be that question in the back of your mind. Good luck.

2015 Jayco 24FBS Elite Jay Flight
2013 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4X4 6.0L 3.73 Axle
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer Hitch 10k/1000
Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:07 AM   #15

I have had trailers for many years, the last one I had for 15. I have never had a problem with my fridge or furnace. I blow out the components that I can get at with compressed air and turn them on in the spring to make sure they work. That is about all they can do as well unless they are removing the entire component out of the camper which they could not do for that price. I do have them inspect the roof on my camper at least twice a year, they have not found any issues as of yet but I have only had my new one for 3 years.
slabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by slabat View Post
I have had trailers for many years, the last one I had for 15. I have never had a problem with my fridge or furnace. I blow out the components that I can get at with compressed air and turn them on in the spring to make sure they work. That is about all they can do as well unless they are removing the entire component out of the camper which they could not do for that price. I do have them inspect the roof on my camper at least twice a year, they have not found any issues as of yet but I have only had my new one for 3 years.
My dealer does a free roof inspection when I have them winterize it. Cost is $85, and I get a letter from them stating "no issues found with roof".

No TV since Tundra can't do it

krackeer is offline   Reply With Quote