Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2017, 12:22 AM   #1

Shower Leak 23 RLSW

I have water showing up after I use the shower. I took the cover off and was able to feel around but can’t tell exactly where it’s coming from. I think I narrowed to drain side as i left connected to city water for a few days without a leak. Any tips on chasing the leak?
Dkduhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:16 AM   #2
Site Team

Best way is either by sight or feel. Can you see the plumbing at all? If you can, run hot water for a while (which expands the plumbing) and look for drips at both the glued and coupled connections. A coupling (P-trap) may be expanding enough to cause a leak. See if you can tighten it a little by hand. If it's a glued joint, and you're still under warranty, let your dealer fix it. If you can't see all the joints under there, put a tissue underneath each one, and then run the hot water. Where there's a wet tissue, that's the trouble spot. Good luck, and post what you find.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:28 AM   #3

I would like to know what you find out also.
We have a 2016 23rlsw no leak that I know about but wanting to learn.
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkduhon View Post
I have water showing up after I use the shower. I took the cover off and was able to feel around but can’t tell exactly where it’s coming from. I think I narrowed to drain side as i left connected to city water for a few days without a leak. Any tips on chasing the leak?
We had water around the shower in our 2016 23RLSW, but it was from the vinyl seal strip at the bottom of the shower door. The door was not mounted straight, and the door opening/closing gradually ripped the strip; dealer fixed it once by just replacing the strip, and it happened again. The second time the dealer corrected the door problem. We were getting water around the shower stall base, but fixing the strip got rid of the problem.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:29 PM   #5

Is the water under the shower pan and is it visible with the inspection plate off the shower pan?

Or is it outside on the vinyl floor?

Standing in the shower may flex or make a drain connection loose that other wise may not leak when you just run water in the shower without being in it.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:55 PM   #6

If you don't mind, can you please post some pictures? I am interested as I have the same model. Thanks

2017 Hummingbird 17RK (Sold)
2017 Jay Feather 23RSLW Sold)
2020 Eagle HT 30.5 CKTS

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE (Sold)
2017 Chev Silverado 3500HD Duramax
87Yugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 10:45 PM   #7

Could be so many things...
I would check the union fittings for the p-trap through the access panel if possible.
I discovered a cracked fitting which would have been like that from factory on our TT.
theoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkduhon View Post
Had same thing. Small puddle but minutes after the shower was off not during. Took it in under warranty and they actually had to remove the vanity and sink next to the shower to find the culprit. I would have never found it on my own as I had already looked all around shower caulking and plumbing. This may be a job for a technician.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #9

I suggest you take something heavy and put it into the shower (you could use a large pail and fill it with water). Then run the shower while you have this "weight" in place. With "flexible" shower pans you may find that the flexing that occurs while you are in the shower displaces one of the nuts or joints in the piping. I have used this method in home repairs when I couldn't locate a leak and have almost always found it to be the change in position of a pipe while someone is standing in the tub or shower.
2019 Chevy express 2500 Van Coversion. 2017 Jayco 23MRB: 26' total and Glacier Package. 2 Renogy solar panels. Married 49 years. Haley the mutt, 4 years old. "Excited to learn new things everyday and humbled by those who offer to help." And very grateful to our Moderators!
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:00 PM   #10

I see the bottom of the doors leak quite often. The track from the door that meets the pan needs to be sealed.

I found a picture from a water test on one.

mia389 is offline   Reply With Quote