Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-25-2024, 08:57 AM   #1

Shower / leaking under sink ??

So, it only happens randomly. And seems to happen when I shower. But not sure if all times. May be when grey tank is full. I forget to check under sink when I am starting shower water.

Could it be, because the grey is full? Or is something else possibly happening?

New to this.

Usually have been on hook up to sewer. Some say keep tanks closed then dump periodically, some say leave open.

Hope the pics help.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6149.jpg   IMG_6151.jpg  
ChrissyRandall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:22 AM   #2
Site Team

That pictured leak location would have nothing to do with the tank fills. It looks like it is a hot water supply line. Hot water could cause it to leak as the pressure could build up when the water heater is heating.

First question: Do you have a pressure regulator set for 50psi on the incoming water supply? If not try that.

The fitting could also be leaking under excess pressure and could be re-clamped if lowering the pressure does not help.

You didn't mention if you are in a park with a city water supply or if the leak is when you are using the pump. Either way it could be a loose crimp or a high pressure situation.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 09:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
It looks like it is a hot water supply line. Hot water could cause it to leak as the pressure could build up when the water heater is heating.
That line is on the right hand side of the bath sink faucet. That would be the cold side unless it's reversed.
Old 02-25-2024, 11:26 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinger608 View Post
That line is on the right hand side of the bath sink faucet. That would be the cold side unless it's reversed.
Could be but the pic looked oriented wrong. I did put a disclaimer at the bottom of my post.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 11:59 AM   #5

My experience with multiple leaks like this leads me to suggest the crimp may not be tight enough, however that doesn’t explain why it only leaks when you are using your shower. Could be that you have more than one leak. Have someone stand in the shower while the water is running and look underneath the shower with a flashlight. Check water supply lines and drains. Hope you get it resolved.
tnka trk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 03:45 PM   #6

I'd check to make sure screw on connections are tight.
If they are I'd strongly suspect the cone washers are getting old. Happened to me, drove me bonkers til I figured it out.
Worth a try, you'll know as soon as you see deformed washers
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2024, 08:30 PM   #7

I was at park with city water. Now out in country with well water. I will get a pressure guage
Old 02-25-2024, 08:32 PM   #8

It seemed to be coming from that. Not sure if elsewhere. I'm by myself. So I can't have someone look. I could try running shower and not go in & look LOL
Old 02-27-2024, 10:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyRandall View Post
It seemed to be coming from that. Not sure if elsewhere. I'm by myself. So I can't have someone look. I could try running shower and not go in & look LOL
The fitting that is circled in red could be loose. They should be hand tight. Make sure it is tight. Also there is a gasket inside the fitting where it screws on to the bottom of the sink. Unscrew that fitting, pull the gasket out and make sure it looks like the ones in the link below. If you are seeing water leaking from where that hose connects on to the black plastic fitting then the silver metal band is leaking. You might be able to get a 1/2” hose clamp and add on to the hose right next to the silver metal band and see if that stops it. Don’t get the hose clamp too tight.

https://a.co/d/94xuSnA
Jerry713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:52 PM   #10

I tightened and seems ok. Will check fully with shower try. Then assess to replace gasket.

Thank you everybody for your help I appreciate it. Not sure if I reply to each one saying thank you, 😂🙃