Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #1

Siding and decals

Hi everyone. Sadly we had some damage done to the side of our 2019 Jayco. The person who did the damage has offered to take care of the damage. Thank goodness. My question is: Has anyone had siding removed and replaced? Has anyone had repair on their camper with a "Body and Fender" guy? Has anyone replaced decals on their unit and how hard is it? I have been in contact with Jayco and they do not supply paint codes. Apparently they deal with 2 companies that supply their pre-painted siding: Amaramax Metals and Foremost Fabrications. I have been in contact with both companies to no avail. The dealership can not help me yet either because they can not order parts yet because Jayco has not released them for 2019. So I have some time unfortunatley to figure out what I can do. Thanks for your input!
gayefromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:55 PM   #2

I was told by my dealer they can order the panels directly from Jayco. Same should apply for the decals.
o2silverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 05:00 PM   #3

Gaye awful to hear this hiccup especially for a fellow AACO member.

I have a piece of siding with a corrosion pit that I received quotes for for replacement. The siding is very cheap however the freight charge is extremely high and the work to replace a piece of siding can be labor intensive depending where it’s located. The dealer Im talking with charges $125/hr. which will add up quick.

Do you have pictures of the damage?

I’m guessing it’s going to be quite costly. Did you get a police report (if it occurred on a road or area open to public)? I would consider the insurance route.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:20 PM   #4

I called the insurance company when we saw the damage but since the guy came forward, I cancelled the claim. He placed a ladder on the side of the camper (rookie move) for he was doing work for us. He placed the ladder on the top strip of siding, not the edge of the roof, don't know why. The wind took the ladder down the side of our camper. Dented, scratched and dinged about 7 strips of siding along with damaging the Jayco decal on the side of the trailer. My dealership that we purchased the unit from looked up the siding and decals and told me that they can not order any of them yet. So I am trying to find other routes to go. When I called Jayco about the siding, she told me that i had to go thru the sources that they get it from. I still yet have not heard from either one of them. Sickened by the whole thing.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:17 PM   #5

From what the damage sounds like, the repairs to replace that much siding would be very extensive. I believe siding is replaced from the bottom up which would basically mean your entire trailer would need resided to get the top row. This may be best handled through insurance to at least be able to get an accurate quote on record since the dealer has nothing. Or at minimum to get a numbers idea I don’t understand why the dealer can’t just use a 2018 version of your trailer so you can get a price. What model do you have?

I suspect the repair cost if going the replacement route is gonna make the repairman look like a ghost when he hears it.
Old 10-04-2018, 06:57 PM   #6

2019 jayco JayFlight.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:19 AM   #7

did either of the 2 companies get back to you with paint codes?

I wouldn't mind getting touchup paint

-Paul
pgartner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:39 AM   #8

As others have said, let the guy pay the insurance deductible, drive to dealer and let them repair it through your insurance company.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:37 AM   #9

NO calls back on the paint codes. I am going to try again.