Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2020, 09:43 PM   #1

Sienna +154BH

Hello,

I知 a newbie in Jayco community, and very happy to join here.

I致e been searching a lot pf information here, but just want to make sure if I知 correct understanding this combination.

I知 going to tow Jayco Jay flight SLX7 154BH(2600 dry weight, 335lb dry hitch weight) with my 2015 Toyota Sienna(3500lb max tow rating)

I installed class 3 Drawtite hidden hitch.

I値l install break controller and WDH.

Is thing going to be good enough? I知 traveling with my wife and 2 elementary kids.

I may be also installing airbag in the rear suspension which a lot of people recommended from my research in this community.

Btw, I知 thinking to buy Anderson WDH, is there anyone having insight which one to buy? Drop size, ball size and so on.. there are multiple models and I知 confusing which one to buy.

A lot of thing to learn.. but very excited and this community is great!
calace1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:42 AM   #2

I won稚 be a bubble popper. I think it can be done. My concern would be what your hitch is rated for and what camping type are you doing. If your just doing a couple local outings within an hour drive each year and your towing on flat ground you would probably get by. Personally you start talking about any unibody mini van towing and I would only recommend a pop up camper. All of your numbers might be good but any hard body camper will more than likely max out the sienna and add a lot of stress to the tranny and running components. Maybe someone will chime in who has towed with van like yours.
rte1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:49 AM   #3

Also for ball and drop size I would recommend the curt 6 inch adjustable. It’s a little pricey but it has a reversible 2 in 2 5/16 ball and it can adjust 6 inches drop or 6 inches raise. It will cover any trailer. If not that most campers are 2 5/16 ball. Some smaller trailers do have a 2 inch which you would have to check. This is all assuming you have a 2 inch receiver? Your receiver might be smaller though
rte1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 07:28 AM   #4

I have driven my sons Sienna (mom mobile)a few times and I could not imagine towing a trailer like that because of the cushy ride.

By the time you get loaded up I bet you will be at the max tow rate easily.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:39 AM   #5

@rte1985 Thanks for the reply. My hitch receiver spec is Gross Towing Weight :3,500 lbs. Maximum Tongue Weight: 525 lbs. Camping type will be including more than 2-3 hours driving with steep hills. Hope break controller would help?
calace1111 is offline   Reply With Quote