Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #11

It looks like the cutting board option is the way to go, thank you.

JerryB13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 05:59 PM   #12

Do you know what they are called on Amazon? or did you just search by trailer code/name? Thank you

Old 04-26-2016, 06:03 PM   #13

ANd I obviously do not know how to reply to each person. I really like this forum but it can be confusing how to do stuff, sorry everyone gets the response, and once again thank you everyone. We are in Colorado and are getting the trailer out this weekend for the first time this year. It looks like rain but that's why we got a big travel trailer right lol.
Old 04-26-2016, 06:35 PM   #14
Site Team

Read up on how to "multi quote".

Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try:Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
"It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:08 PM   #15

For the sink covers, I had some 3/4" pine shelving kicking around. I made a cardboard template to match the sink and cut two pieces to size. I routed the edges, and I still have to seal the wood. I might stain it to match the existing woodwork before sealing.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 24FBS
Winnipeg, Manitoba
North of 49° is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 08:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryB13 View Post
We are in Colorado and are getting the trailer out this weekend for the first time this year. It looks like rain but that's why we got a big travel trailer right lol.
Good luck if you go out this weekend - we were supposed to go to Cheyenne Mtn but now I hear we are supposed to get 10+" of snow

I've done a little research on the sink covers and it seems it's better to make your own. The remade ones are pretty expensive for what they are. Our trailer sinks are the same size so we'll need a one piece cover. My hubby is going to make one for our trailer this summer.

The stove cover is universal fit from what I can tell so ordering one off of Amazon is probably a safe bet.

Be safe this weekend if you go out - where are you headed?
Old 04-26-2016, 09:28 PM   #17

Sink Covers

Check out the link to this thread on the sink covers I recently made for my new Redhawk. Cutting boards from Walmart. Very easy project.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...6x1-35282.html
Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnPlayVA View Post
Good luck if you go out this weekend - we were supposed to go to Cheyenne Mtn but now I hear we are supposed to get 10+" of snow

I've done a little research on the sink covers and it seems it's better to make your own. The remade ones are pretty expensive for what they are. Our trailer sinks are the same size so we'll need a one piece cover. My hubby is going to make one for our trailer this summer.

The stove cover is universal fit from what I can tell so ordering one off of Amazon is probably a safe bet.

Be safe this weekend if you go out - where are you headed?
Thank you, we are going to Carter Lake, we will be at Cheyenne Mountain the weekend of May 13th. Never been there, but I heard they have some archery ranges, bringing mine and the kids bow, should be fun. Hopefully you guys can get out soon, I am bringing the trailer home tonight, cant wait to get inside it and start hooking it up, I missed it lol.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodFlyer View Post
Check out the link to this thread on the sink covers I recently made for my new Redhawk. Cutting boards from Walmart. Very easy project.
https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f3...6x1-35282.html
Thank you very much.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:03 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by North of 49° View Post
For the sink covers, I had some 3/4" pine shelving kicking around. I made a cardboard template to match the sink and cut two pieces to size. I routed the edges, and I still have to seal the wood. I might stain it to match the existing woodwork before sealing.

Very well done,