Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2014, 06:05 PM   #1

Skylark cam lock gasket source?

I've been searching and searching for a source to purchase replacement cam lock O-ring gaskets. So far no luck. Silicone, Buna-n, Viton or whatever is available. I am assuming that all Jayco installed TT cam locks are 3/4 inch diameter??? I can find any number of cam locks and spur washers but no O-ring gaskets. Mine have deteriorated .... they are no longer flexible and they are cracking.
yrralrellim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:46 PM   #2

Are these the cam locks you refer to? If so, a competent local industrial piping supply house should be able to get the gaskets for you.

Can you post a picture of where these are used on your TT? I'm hoping to learn something.
Attached Thumbnails
slide1_1[1].jpg  
Old 05-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #3

I am referring to the thumb latches and lockable latches on the access doors such as to the battery compartment.

I have not figured out exactly how to insert a photo here within the posting but you can see a photo at http://www.camco.net/Products/Item?p...gFdD6wYhttp://
Old 05-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #4

Gotcha. Remember I come from the pharmaceutical manufacturing background so the only thing I could think of was process piping!

Here is one of a gazillion o-ring sizing charts out there. http://www.marcorubber.com/sizingchart.htm

Looks like an AS568-018 would work fine, 0.739" ID, 0.070" cross section, 7/8" nominal OD.

Go to your local power transmission supply house (Motion Industries, Applied Industrial, et al) and tell them you need some -018 Buna o-rings. They will probably come in a bag of 25 and might set you back $3.00.

Note: your original post said "o-ring gaskets" and I interpreted it as you were looking for actual o-rings. If you are looking for flat washer-type gaskets then that is another story. Aside from garden hose washers or pipe flange gaskets you are most likely on your own. Perhaps your neighborhood lock shop could be of assistance.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:12 AM   #5

I've found that different people call the cam locks \ thumb latches by differing names and since I could not find any soft parts online, I didn't know what to call them. In the industries where I came from [oil and gas], we called the fittings as in your photo, "quick disconnects".

Thank much! With your info, I'm sure I'll be able to find what I want locally.
Attached Thumbnails
44368.jpg